ADVERTISEMENT

The latest on Devin Brown...

Adam Gorney

Jul 14, 2005
I talked to USC high four-star QB commit Devin Brown on Sunday and this is the latest. Texas is making a huge run at him and is recruiting him as hard as any other school. A visit is definitely expected as he's talking to Sark and QB coach AJ Milwee often.

Here's the situation as I understand it: Brown has wanted to go to USC but he is trying to wait as long as possible to see who is hired as head coach. He also really wants to play for Graham Harrell but I'd be surprised if he's on the new USC coaching staff. So Brown is very interested in Ole Miss after taking a visit there, Ohio State should get a visit and now Texas is right in the thick of things as well.

I've been told Ohio State feels like they came in late but that there is interest there. Ole Miss basically moved forward on Brown and moved away from Justyn Martin as they try to figure out their 2022 QB situation as well. But there's no doubt Texas is taking a very real shot at Brown and that there's very real interest from Brown as well.

I have yet to decipher how this affects/influence Maalik Murphy but it's my opinion that Brown is a better game quarterback than Murphy at this stage.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News