ADVERTISEMENT

The latest with 2015 UT commitment Keke Coutee (2:30 p.m.)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
I just checked with a source with knowledge of 2015 Longhorn wide receiver commit Keke Coutee's situation.

I'm told the Lufkin product has not formally decommitted but he and his family do want to meet the new coaching staff before he makes any final decisions since the coaches that recruited him are no longer at Texas.

The person I spoke with said he'd be surprised if Coutee didn't wind up at Texas because he's been high on UT all along. It'll probably just take some time for the new staff to build that relationship back up.

Basically, this one's back to square one but the guy I talked to thinks Texas can reel him back in. Still plenty of time to get Coutee back in the fold. I've got a text out to Keke as well.

2:30 p.m. update - Koutee just texted and said he has in fact decommitted.

But based on my earlier conversations, I would expect him and his family to visit with the Texas coaches in the near future and Texas could have a solid chance of bringing him back in. We'll keep you all updated but I'm going to go ahead and remove him from the commit list per Keke's text.

This post was edited on 1/13 2:34 PM by Suchomel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News