The latest with JUCO QB Riley Ferguson (Monday 9:50 p.m. update)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
1778930.jpg

I spoke briefly with Coffeyville C.C. quarterback Riley Ferguson a few minutes ago ...

Ferguson said he talked to Charlie Strong and Sterlin Gilbert tonight. No offer was extended, but the coaches did ask for his transcripts. Fergson said he sent the transcripts in today.

Ferguson reiterated what he told me last night ... that he may make a decision this week. If that happens, look for it to be either Memphis or Arkansas State. I mentioned to him that if he's looking to decide soon, Texas really doesn't have much time to mull over whether or not an offer will be extended. "Yeah, they don't," Ferguson said.

The Texas coaches told him they'll review his transcript and get back to him. He's not sure when he'll hear back, but hopes it's soon.

My thoughts: I'm still not sure where this one will go, but the fact that the coaches requested his transcript would seem to indicate pretty serious interest on behalf of the Longhorns. But the timing of this is obviously critical if Texas does decide to offer with Ferguson potentially making a decision this week. If Texas offers, the staff will try to get Ferguson in for a mid-week visit around January 12.

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.