ADVERTISEMENT

The official word from Zach Gentry on today's rumors

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Some rumors popped up today that Texas QB commitment Zach Gentry may be in communication with LSU and considering a visit to Baton Rouge.

I just spoke with Gentry and he said any talk of him looking anywhere but Texas are 100 percent false.

"I'm not even sure where that's coming from. Before the commitment or after, I've never even spoke to one of the LSU coaches or received a piece of mail from them," Gentry said. "I've probably received mail from every other school in the country, but nothing from LSU. Not even a form letter."

Gentry, out of Albuquerque Eldorado, said he's "100 percent" committed to Texas and "there's no doubt in my mind."

He took his official visit to UT for the West Virginia game and said it was a terrific experience.

My thoughts: This one seemed like it was a stretch when it first came up. Gentry has always maintained to me that he's 100 percent solid to Texas. In fact, I'd put him near the top of the list of UT's most solid pledges. Also, LSU was never a school that was mentioned prior to his UT commit.

I feel bad that I wasted his time with the interview on a week when he's getting ready for his team's first playoff game, but I wanted to get clarification and Gentry was kind enough to call me back tonight.

Bottom line ... Gentry remains solidly committed to Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News