The Simpson/Goldman murders- June 12th, 1994

boywonder69

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2008
An appalling and violent double murder, a high profile nationally revered NFL great (he was currently no. 6 on the career rushing yards then) turned suspect. The endless TV coverage, the Bronco chase, the arrest, the clues, the blood evidence, the domestic violence and years long trail of abuse, the cult of celebrity, the glove, the dozens of names synonymous with the trial, the taglines and quotes, the 16-month Court drama, the LAPD's brutal history with race. America divided in half guilt/innocence, the verdict and the long fallout.

I remember the moment I first heard of it and the events of that moment in time vividly. "I swear", the R&B one not the Country one is the no. 1 song. Lisa Loebs's "Stay" was played endlessly on the radio and MTV. The Rockets are up 2-1 on the Knicks in the NBA Finals. The NY Rangers are about to win the Stanley Cup. Beastie Boys, Stone Temple Pilots had just released killer albums. Mandela was only just sworn in as the President of South Africa. Soundgarden's "Black Hole Sun" had topped Collective Soul's "Shine" as the top rock song. Jerry Jones had fired Jimmy after winning 2 straight Super Bowls. America was about to host the World Cup. Speed was in theatres.
Nicole-Simpson-Crime-Scene.jpg

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.