ADVERTISEMENT

They said I should post in the 40 acres

curveball1

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2016
Houston
Edit: Houston tunnel system

So I started a new opportunity August 1 at 800 Capitol which has access to the tunnel system. Common Bond is a good restaurant, they're food is elevated and very appealing, the prices, not so much. I've started to venture around the tunnel system and broaden my menu options without much success. The most memorable experiences are as follows so far in chronological order:

1) Brown Bag special - ordered off their recommended menu, sucked. Ordered a turkey bacon avocado sandwich, the bread was sweet and canceled out the spicy mustard I ordered, sucked.
2) Chick Fil A - I can only eat this so many times before I'm sick of it and I'd prefer to eat lighter so I can be more engaged after lunch.
3) Otto's BBQ and Burgers - Brisket was dry, not as bad as Linkin's appeared to be but debated using a knife, sides were atrocious, wet and runny potato salad, aged veggies in the slaw.
4) Flinn market (not the actual name, but closest I can recall, under the JP Morgan Tower) looks pretty good but $16 before tip/tax for a Bulgogi bowl without a side or drink.
5) Which wich - not going there again, have never found a sandwich there that I really like.
6) There was a Vietnamese place that I ordered a Bahn Mi from that I tossed after eating half of it down by Treebeards, the meat didn't have the sweet smokey flavor I was hoping for, they used mayo instead of patte and didn't offer any Sriracha sauce. When I asked the attendant about the Pho, her response was, "It's okay".

If need be I'm happy to walk down to Frank's Pizza for lunch, but days like today where rain was coming down hard for most of the afternoon made me realize I need to get a rolodex of options in the hopper. Thanks in advance,

Ideally, I'd like to find a salad place that is around $9 for something I can go in quickly and get out of quickly for said price. If I were to approach the same strategy via HEB, it would take me 3 trips a week to the store per week. Any help appreciated.

-Oh- Texas by 21 this weekend, Hook'em, ACES!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News