ADVERTISEMENT

This kneeling thing just got real

Unless you live across seas and in a firm, I agree with swvahorn

Based on what? For example this OU game is killing me with all the commercials. Imagine being at the game where nothing is happening during all these breaks.

And if its the "atmosphere" then you haven't ever been to a big time soccer game. Theres just as much atmosphere.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Based on what? For example this OU game is killing me with all the commercials. Imagine being at the game where nothing is happening during all these breaks.

And if its the "atmosphere" then you haven't ever been to a big time soccer game. Theres just as much atmosphere.

So I said a firm do you know what that is?

I dont but it doesnt matter. Im talking about sitting in a seat at the game. I love watching American football on TV but being at a game where theres actually 11 minutes of play over a 3 hour period just isnt exciting.

Well a firm is a group that walks the streets before the game and chants with the rest of their fans and pretty much take up the whole street. So pretty much a soccer hooligan and will defend their team through thick and thin and will fight anyone. So I guess we have that here in the states....Now that is a true soccer fan and would love to be apart of. But I see your point just like how many feel about baseball.

Reactions: JonBinge
Well a firm is a group that walks the streets before the game and chants with the rest of their fans and pretty much take up the whole street. So pretty much a soccer hooligan and will defend their team through thick and thin and will fight anyone. So I guess we have that here in the states....Now that is a true soccer fan and would love to be apart of. But I see your point just like how many feel about baseball.
Antifa?

Reactions: DrinkToIt

I get excited about playoff baseball but regular season not so much.

This is like the statue thing its not helping anything and we are spending more time living in the past and not looking at how far we have come and what steps to take to get better.

Brazil Parrots vs the Peru Llama. Raise life insurance $500,000.00 just for this game. Arrive at a wooden stadium which holds 175,000 fans. Make sure gun is loaded before getting out of car. Grass field is the size of 4 Walmart parking lots. 25-35 players in High School gym trunks & shirts. Peru red, Brazil yellow. A ref/ump fires a pistol, a fan grabs his bloody chest and falls from the top row. The ball is kicked and the field is littered with red & yellow players running around like a swam of bees. The ball is kicked and head butted here, there, and yonder for 4-6 hours. The game ends with a gun shot, (another fan drops with a lethal wound) score is 0-0 and the crowd is crazy. A riot starts, wooden boards crack and collapse with 5-8,000 fans falling 50+ feet. A chain link fence also collapses and another 10,000 fans fall 50+ feet. I pull my gun screaming, "get back!!", "get back!! all the way through the riot to my auto. It was so exciting that tomorrow I'm flying to China to watch the 'Hong Kong Dollar,' vs the 'North Korean Gamma Rays.' Yeah, it beats watching Texas vs OU any ol' day.

Brazil Parrots vs the Peru Llama. Raise life insurance $500,000.00 just for this game. Arrive at a wooden stadium which holds 175,000 fans. Make sure gun is loaded before getting out of car. Grass field is the size of 4 Walmart parking lots. 25-35 players in High School gym trunks & shirts. Peru red, Brazil yellow. A ref/ump fires a pistol, a fan grabs his bloody chest and falls from the top row. The ball is kicked and the field is littered with red & yellow players running around like a swam of bees. The ball is kicked and head butted here, there, and yonder for 4-6 hours. The game ends with a gun shot, (another fan drops with a lethal wound) score is 0-0 and the crowd is crazy. A riot starts, wooden boards crack and collapse with 5-8,000 fans falling 50+ feet. A chain link fence also collapses and another 10,000 fans fall 50+ feet. I pull my gun screaming, "get back!!", "get back!! all the way through the riot to my auto. It was so exciting that tomorrow I'm flying to China to watch the 'Hong Kong Dollar,' vs the 'North Korean Gamma Rays.' Yeah, it beats watching Texas vs OU any ol' day.

And what game exactly are you describing? It sure aint anything Ive ever heard of.

Brazil Parrots vs the Peru Llama. Raise life insurance $500,000.00 just for this game. Arrive at a wooden stadium which holds 175,000 fans. Make sure gun is loaded before getting out of car. Grass field is the size of 4 Walmart parking lots. 25-35 players in High School gym trunks & shirts. Peru red, Brazil yellow. A ref/ump fires a pistol, a fan grabs his bloody chest and falls from the top row. The ball is kicked and the field is littered with red & yellow players running around like a swam of bees. The ball is kicked and head butted here, there, and yonder for 4-6 hours. The game ends with a gun shot, (another fan drops with a lethal wound) score is 0-0 and the crowd is crazy. A riot starts, wooden boards crack and collapse with 5-8,000 fans falling 50+ feet. A chain link fence also collapses and another 10,000 Yeah, it beats watching Texas vs OU any ol' day.

Nah, but it sure beats watching the Browns-Bengals game...or Jets-Dolphins...or 49ers-Chargers. Well, you get the idea

Reactions: freeper
Drugs? Inbreeding? Both?

And what game exactly are you describing? It sure aint anything Ive ever heard of.

Whooaahhh there brother Tolt. Don't tell me you've never attended a real football game? Estadio Aztece, Esadio Olampico, Universitario, Estadio Jausco, et al? From Guadaljara to Mexico city, it's a life changing experience. Be sure to 'DRINK' massive quantities of that mellow, yellow, 'TOLT' before arriving. When/if you make it back to your auto, voice quivering, copious tears, you'll softly whisper, "I'll never question ol' Marv again." "I now understand why Jeremy Crabtree calls him 'Marvelous!!' " Bwaahhhaaaahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

Whooaahhh there brother Tolt. Don't tell me you've never attended a real football game? Estadio Aztece, Esadio Olampico, Universitario, Estadio Jausco, et al? From Guadaljara to Mexico city, it's a life changing experience. Be sure to 'DRINK' massive quantities of that mellow, yellow, 'TOLT' before arriving. When/if you make it back to your auto, voice quivering, copious tears, you'll softly whisper, "I'll never question ol' Marv again." "I now understand why Jeremy Crabtree calls him 'Marvelous!!' " Bwaahhhaaaahahahahahaaaaaa!!!!!

What was described wasnt a real football game. It was some BS imaginary caricature based on ignorance. Try again ;)

Wait... you know its Drink To It and not Drink Tolt right? I hope thats just a lame attempt at sarcasm and you didnt actually read it as Tolt....

=)roll=)roll=)roll

Wait... you know its Drink To It and not Drink Tolt right? I hope thats just a lame attempt at sarcasm and you didnt actually read it as Tolt....

=)roll=)roll=)roll

DTI, DTI, DTI. (& clob94) First my new Longhorn friends, my posts were NOT "lame attempts at sarcasm." They WERE 'world class sarcasm.' Next, I absolutely hate, I say "hate" soccer. I don't think I described anything that hasn't happened somewhere in the world playing that game. (except field size and the cool team names I made up. I forgot the huge #'s killed when stadiums collapsed & the many riots) I'm just havin' a little fun. If ol' grandpa Marv insulted either of you I am indeed truly sorry. BTW,I started posting on Rivals (or whatever it was called back then) in 1995. That's before many of the kids here were born.

Oh good grief, so now we have 10 Texans players walk out of the locker room because of McNair's comment about not letting the convicts run the prison, or whatever he said. Geez. I'm always referring to not letting the insane run the asylum but never mean it in a derogatory way, just kind of joking.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT