ADVERTISEMENT

This week's title games

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Like I said in an earlier thread there is only team worth pulling for. The other three are unlike able teams. Sometimes cheaters do prosper.

Pitt/NE a team with a history of playing like thugs with an a****le of a qb. Another team whose coach has been caught more than once of spying on another team. A qb who got away with throwing deflated footballs in a SB. So what if he got suspended he still has a SB ring and they didn't have to forfeit. I hate it when there is a game with two unlikable teams because somebody has to win.

NE 31
Pitt 14

A team that often stumbles, and bumbles, and then finishes the season on a high note and gets close to a SB and on one occasion won it all. If I have to see another Rogers/Matthews State Farm commercial I'm going to puke. A team with a qb who is having a career year, a guy who really is a good guy off the field. I hope they win

Atl 28
GB 24

Like I said in an earlier thread there is only team worth pulling for. The other three are unlike able teams. Sometimes cheaters do prosper.

Pitt/NE a team with a history of playing like thugs with an a****le of a qb. Another team whose coach has been caught more than once of spying on another team. A qb who got away with throwing deflated footballs in a SB. So what if he got suspended he still has a SB ring and they didn't have to forfeit. I hate it when there is a game with two unlikable teams because somebody has to win.

NE 31
Pitt 14

A team that often stumbles, and bumbles, and then finishes the season on a high note and gets close to a SB and on one occasion won it all. If I have to see another Rogers/Matthews State Farm commercial I'm going to puke. A team with a qb who is having a career year, a guy who really is a good guy off the field. I hope they win

Atl 28
GB 24

Ok that's now twice you've said Brady got away with throwing deflated footballs in a Super Bowl. That's 100% false. The game that started all the Deflategate nonsense was the AFC Championship game vs. Indy, a 45-7 beat down. (It was 17-7 at halftime, then the backup footballs were used, then the Pats outscored them 28-0)

If you're going to call someone a cheater, at least be accurate with what they're accused of.

I think both games will be close and can go either way.

The first game is Atlanta -5 and 60.5. I think that is too many points. I'll take GB +5 and the over. Both teams will score at will and I think it goes over even the highest NFL playoff total I've ever seen. My pick: Atlanta 38 GB 34

New England is -5.5 and 50.5. Pittsburgh very much can with this game. I think they will give the Patriots all they can handle. My pick: New England 27 Pittsburgh 24, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Steelers win the game.

I hope Atlanta wins it all.

Reactions: outhereincali
Ok that's now twice you've said Brady got away with throwing deflated footballs in a Super Bowl. That's 100% false. The game that started all the Deflategate nonsense was the AFC Championship game vs. Indy, a 45-7 beat down. (It was 17-7 at halftime, then the backup footballs were used, then the Pats outscored them 28-0)

If you're going to call someone a cheater, at least be accurate with what they're accused of.

Well excuse Mr patriots fan did I hurt your little ol feelings? The only thing that means is that it eliminated any chance the Colts had of making a comeback. And your coach has been caught spying. Your last 3 SB's. Dyk how many Giant and Seahawk fans there were in those games? A lot and your coach and qb were the reason why.

Last edited:
Well excuse Mr patriots fan did I hurt your little ol feelings?

Nope. Just prefer someone know what they're talking about if they're going to throw out accusations.

As for the title games, I'm going with the Pats and Falcons. I'm from the same town as Matt Bryant, and seeing him get a ring would be a very nice consolation prize if the Pats don't win it all.

The only thing that means is that it eliminated any chance the Colts had of making a comeback.

It's amazing that anyone truly thinks the amount of air in a football is the reason for a 38 point blowout. And Andrew Luck could only put up 7 points because......the Pats footballs were deflated?

The game was played in 40°, rainy weather. Do you really think the balls were supposed to stay at 12.5 psi? I guess your vehicle doesn't have tires?

Someone did the math and concluded the footballs at the end of the Packers-Cowboys Ice Bowl were probably around 8 psi, if they had originally been inflated indoors to 12.5 psi. Boy that Bart Starr is a rotten cheater.

It's amazing that anyone truly thinks the amount of air in a football is the reason for a 38 point blowout. And Andrew Luck could only put up 7 points because......the Pats footballs were deflated?

The game was played in 40°, rainy weather. Do you really think the balls were supposed to stay at 12.5 psi? I guess your vehicle doesn't have tires?

Someone did the math and concluded the footballs at the end of the Packers-Cowboys Ice Bowl were probably around 8 psi, if they had originally been inflated indoors to 12.5 psi. Boy that Bart Starr is a rotten cheater.

You dunce that game was played in 13 degrees below zero weather!!!!! And that was 50 years ago when technology wasn't near as advanced as it is today. And it is clear that you are an ends justify the means fan.

You dunce that game was played in 13 degrees below zero weather!!!!! And that was 50 years ago when technology wasn't near as advanced as it is today. And it is clear that you are an ends justify the means fan.

And one more time he was suspended for doing it. For four games I believe. So yes it does make a difference.

I think both games will be close and can go either way.

The first game is Atlanta -5 and 60.5. I think that is too many points. I'll take GB +5 and the over. Both teams will score at will and I think it goes over even the highest NFL playoff total I've ever seen. My pick: Atlanta 38 GB 34

New England is -5.5 and 50.5. Pittsburgh very much can with this game. I think they will give the Patriots all they can handle. My pick: New England 27 Pittsburgh 24, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Steelers win the game.

I hope Atlanta wins it all.

You and me both.

And one more time he was suspended for doing it. For four games I believe. So yes it does make a difference.

Troy Vincent testified under oath they didn't consider the Ideal Gas Law when they first tested the footballs and they were under 12.5 psi. They immediately assumed guilt. Someone leaked a report to Chris Mortensen that 11 footballs were 10.5 psi and below. This was 100% proven false. Not one football was close to 10.5. (This isn't my opinion, it's a statement of fact) The NFL had the correct numbers from the very beginning and watched the story explode in the media and become the biggest story in the news, with everyone citing false numbers, yet did nothing to correct that information.

If the Pats really cheated and deflated footballs, colleges in your state need to hire better physics professors. Profs from Cal and UCLA, among dozens more from universities all across the nation, reviewed the numbers and concluded the data simply doesn't show deflation beyond the natural drop in PSI based on the IDG.

Let's just trust Goodell on this one though. He knows better than all those guys that teach this stuff for a living.

The air pressure in the balls had absolutely no affect on New England beating Indy that day. The issue is that the NFL concluded that Tom Brady had input and requested that the air pressure be lowered in the balls to his liking and then lied about it. That is the issue and he was disciplined by the league, and rightfully so.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
The air pressure in the balls had absolutely no affect on New England beating Indy that day. The issue is that the NFL concluded that Tom Brady had input and requested that the air pressure be lowered in the balls to his liking and then lied about it. That is the issue and he was disciplined by the league, and rightfully so.

Except there's literally no evidence that Brady asked for deflated footballs. The NFL lawyer even told the first appeal judge they had no direct evidence Brady told anyone to deflate footballs. It all basically came down to them being convinced the balls were tampered with and that they wouldn't have been tampered with without Brady's say so.

And it isn't just me being a Pats fan. Stephanie Stradley is a Houston based lawyer and writes about the Texans in the Chronicle. She herself said it would be good for her as a Texans fan if the Pats began to suck again. But she read the entire Wells report and transcripts from the court cases and found zero evidence the Pats did anything wrong, not just Tom Brady.

It's easy nowadays to assume the successful are doing it by cheating. If Alabama was simply accused of wrongdoing, you really don't think the overwhelming response would be "I knew it!!"

Will be interesting to see if Rodgers still has his uncanny focus after the Cowboy game

I'm not much of pro football fan, but these Conference Championship games can be pretty good.

One win away from the Super Bowl. Usually get great hitting and effort.

Congrats Atl!

Hey RoboCocks21, I should have paid more attention to your man Matt Ryan. The Falcons w/l record wasn't as good as the Cowboys but they are clearly the best team in the NFC. And they have a watchable, entertaining, offense. I heard their defense was average but they haven't looked like that to me in the playoffs. They just destroyed the Packers. Somewhere in fb heaven Vince Lombardi is crying :)

As far at the AFC goes I don't like either qb. Rothlesberger is an a***ole off the field. I don't like Bill "spygate" Bellicheck. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin appears to be a decent man but the Steelers have played like thugs for more than 50 years. Unfortunately, one of these teams gets to be in the SB.

Hey RoboCocks21, I should have paid more attention to your man Matt Ryan. The Falcons w/l record wasn't as good as the Cowboys but they are clearly the best team in the NFC. And they have a watchable, entertaining, offense. I heard their defense was average but they haven't looked like that to me in the playoffs. They just destroyed the Packers. Somewhere in fb heaven Vince Lombardi is crying :)

Ha it's all good, I have drafted Matty Ice in fantasy the last 3 years and he hasn't done me wrong especially this year. Throwing 4 tds this last game and he had a 5th on the ground now that is some major fantasy points and IN the NFC division championship. Their D is performing well right now which is great heading into the super bowl hopefully they win don't want to see new england win it. I wish we could of seen the boys play the dirty birds but there is always next year. Interesting stat as well Cowboys went 4-12 last year this year 13-3 Falcons last year 8-8 this year 11-5 and playing for a super bowl.

Ha it's all good, I have drafted Matty Ice in fantasy the last 3 years and he hasn't done me wrong especially this year. Throwing 4 tds this last game and he had a 5th on the ground now that is some major fantasy points and IN the NFC division championship. Their D is performing well right now which is great heading into the super bowl hopefully they win don't want to see new england win it. I wish we could of seen the boys play the dirty birds but there is always next year. Interesting stat as well Cowboys went 4-12 last year this year 13-3 Falcons last year 8-8 this year 11-5 and playing for a super bowl.

I think the emergence of Julio Jones is a big reason why the Falcons made such a dramatic turnaround. If he really wants it the sky is the limit for that young man.

I think the emergence of Julio Jones is a big reason why the Falcons made such a dramatic turnaround. If he really wants it the sky is the limit for that young man.

Well Julio is healthy for once looks like his foot isn't giving him problems. With him healthy he is just on another level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT