ADVERTISEMENT

Thompson Pre-Injury OU Film

Hornsforreal

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2018
Posted something similar in another thread but wanted to repost because this irrational notion of Thompson has gotten ridiculous. It’s like some posters don’t have enough brain power to think back to his play before his injury. So here is some video footage from the RRR for reference, which was the last game he started healthy.

@Nash Talks Texas also has some good clips on his youtube channel.

& before someone says, “bUt BeCaUsE Of TcU hE SuCkS”, the kid made enough plays to come away with a victory on the road in a game that I recall many on here predicted as a loss before the game. Against a team that we had lost the previous 3 seasons to (with Sam throwing 4ints in one of those showings) and I believe 9 of the last 13 although I may need a fact check on that. If that’s not valid enough for some, the week before that game, he had 6 TDs. The week after, he bounced back with a RRR record of 5 TDs. So what do the odds say he is?

Does Aaron Rodgers suck because he had a 12.7 QBR in week 1 against the Saints?

Does Caleb Williams suck because he went 8-18 for 87 yds in the Baylor game and 9-18 against ISU?

No? Didn’t think so. Again, I‘m not trying to compare Thompson to anyone. Just showing how idiotic some posters are to bring up one game in order to validate a false narrative. ANY other data point before his injury, going all the way back to the Alamo Bowl if you’d like, tells another story. A fully healthy Thompson can play, period. The film and the numbers support it.

TL;DR - A 100% healthy Thompson can win this team games. Just cut on the film and see for yourself if you’ve forgotten.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News