ADVERTISEMENT

Those of you who went to New Orleans ....

ArchDawg

Dec 9, 2001
Any interactions with our fans? Thoughts?

I'm always interested in how others perceive us.

I met a few Horns and we had some good conversations. I could tell your fans were more fired up about the game and definitely sense a little animosity about the game, but that was to be expected.

And most in the SEC have had incredible experiences with us. Thanks for mentioning us though.

Any interactions with our fans? Thoughts?

I'm always interested in how others perceive us.

I met a few Horns and we had some good conversations. I could tell your fans were more fired up about the game and definitely sense a little animosity about the game, but that was to be expected.
I heard it was a mix. Some folks nice and some folks were (what we call around here) a "little ohio state-ish". Some former players said the horns down was spotted quite frequently and some sec chest puffing was the order of the day from those at night who were enjoying a bit of revels.

I don’t think any of us who post here regularly went to the game (shame on us). But almost all of the reviews I’ve heard say Texas and UGA fans mostly got along very well.

Here’s what a poster from 247 said about his trip:

Anyway, the main highlight was Georgia fans and Texas fans. Sure there were some drunkenly fighting, but, for a majority of the trip, I saw horns and dawgs drinking together and talking football and getting along. It was awesome. My group and I ourselves even had dinner with some Georgia fans and talked about school, life, football, etc. They were awesome. I have a new-found respect for Georgia fans.

After the game, the respect continued. Still saw fans talking amongst each other. Had a Georgia man come up to me and ask me to take pictures of him and his family at Bourbon street. He finished our encounter with "That was a hell of a game last night, man. Awesome. Y'all played like national champions, y'all deserved that win."

I was there and did not experience anything strange.
Georgia fans did vanish (or went undercover) the 2 days after the game I was still there.
Horns fans outnumbered Georgia fans.
Tickets were easier to get on the home side and cheaper.
Very few Georgia fans saw their last touch down.

I did have a couple bands in NOLA restaurants play "I've been working on the railroad" :)

mKq8OV_zps55e9645d.png

Hook'em

A couple of Georgia fans bought my wife and I beer on Bourbon 4 hrs before the game. Interacted with a few while watching LSU. Seemed like good people to me. An older gentleman was not very sociable getting in the elevator at the AC hotel after the game. I wonder why. :)

A couple of Georgia fans bought my wife and I beer on Bourbon 4 hrs before the game. Interacted with a few while watching LSU. Seemed like good people to me. An older gentleman was not very sociable getting in the elevator at the AC hotel after the game. I wonder why. :)

Probably up all night partying and didn't get no snatch after all the money he spent and then his team gets their asses kicked, Whats there to be social about?

Hook'em

I heard it was a mix. Some folks nice and some folks were (what we call around here) a "little ohio state-ish". Some former players said the horns down was spotted quite frequently and some sec chest puffing was the order of the day from those at night who were enjoying a bit of revels.

I am upset with our fans who decided to do the Horns Down. Thought that was pretty tacky. However, it was a small minority who probably have some ties to your rivals.

We are a mixed bag like most fanbases, but we tend to get positive reviews from most groups that we are not rivals with. And even our rivals like partying with our fans and coming to Athens.

Hopefully, we see you guys in a playoff prior to the scheduled Home-and-Home. I saw nothing but positive interactions and met several of you and had some good conversations.

I was there and did not experience anything strange.
Georgia fans did vanish (or went undercover) the 2 days after the game I was still there.
Horns fans outnumbered Georgia fans.
Tickets were easier to get on the home side and cheaper.
Very few Georgia fans saw their last touch down.

I did have a couple bands in NOLA restaurants play "I've been working on the railroad" :)

I thought the dome was about half and half until the fourth quarter. Our fans travelled in great numbers last year to ND (40K), Rose Bowl (60K+), SECCG (75%) and the NCG (70%) in addition to LSU this year (25K in BR is probably a record) and SECCG (2/3). Those were all expensive trips with a lot on the line.

All that said, we travelled very well to the Sugar, as did UT. Makes sense that you guys were excited about going there for the first time in a while.

I am upset with our fans who decided to do the Horns Down. Thought that was pretty tacky. However, it was a small minority who probably have some ties to your rivals.

We are a mixed bag like most fanbases, but we tend to get positive reviews from most groups that we are not rivals with. And even our rivals like partying with our fans and coming to Athens.

Hopefully, we see you guys in a playoff prior to the scheduled Home-and-Home. I saw nothing but positive interactions and met several of you and had some good conversations.

I can see that your brokenhearted over it! LOL!

"Hopefully, we see you guys in a playoff prior to the scheduled Home-and-Home". Nope I don't think so, Ya'll not good enough to play with us!

108a2l5.jpg

Hook'em

Thanks for the kind words and the good sportsmanship, ArchDawg. Don’t mind our resident mouthbreather.

Your a Traitor BBR! And you got a big mouth! And your handle don't make sense with the way you root for Texas, That's one thing you and Herman hasn't developed yet is The Killer instinct in FB..DKR used to bury teams till the last whistle..or them Trophies wouldn't be in the case

Hook'em

Last edited:
Your a Traitor BBR! And you got a big mouth! And your handle don't make sense with the way you root for Texas, That's one thing you and Herman hasn't developed yet is The Killer instinct in FB..DKR used to bury teams till the last whistle..or them Trophies wouldn't be in the case

Hook'em

Good grief this "lack of killer instinct" "this " not finishing strong" you know why? We don't have enough good players yet. It is really is that simple. To be truthful I didn't figure this out till the KS game. One thing that clob94 said that was true was we didn't have any depth at dt or lb. Fortunately they didn't get injured. But coach Herman and his staff have proven they can take players and raise their game. He's adding a lot of good players and hopefully in a couple of years we won't have this problem.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
We have some too. Like the guy who started the 10-9 thread. It is what it is on the internet.

I was just playing with ya Arch, a little good school banter, anyway ya'll had a hellva season, I think the air went out after the Bama game, we will cross roads again in the future I am sure of that.Good Luck to you and your team!

Hook'em

Reactions: ArchDawg
Good grief this "lack of killer instinct" "this " not finishing strong" you know why? We don't have enough good players yet. It is really is that simple. To be truthful I didn't figure this out till the KS game. One thing that clob94 said that was true was we didn't have any depth at dt or lb. Fortunately they didn't get injured. But coach Herman and his staff have proven they can take players and raise their game. He's adding a lot of good players and hopefully in a couple of years we won't have this problem.

All I am saying is ya got to put the game away, we lost a few because we didn't finish, everyone knows that and when ya get the chance , you have to put the other down big or they will come back and beat you

Hook'em

That's going to be our biggest challenge going into the off season. I know I use hyperbole from time to time for emphasis, but in this case it isn't hyperbole at all.

This will be the most important strength and conditioning and developmental off-season in Tom Herman's entire professional career. Full stop.

This off season will define where he goes as a coach. Mack brown fell under the looming cloud of "failing to develop players" through out his tenure at Texas. This off-season will be critical to Tom when it comes to not only adding size, strength and speed to players, but also developing DEPTH within the program.

If he is able to do this, another ten win season is there for the taking and the train keeps rolling.

If we take a step back due to a poor off-season, Tom will have, in essence, put the first nail in his own coffin.

Every player on this roster should be put on notice--- it's time to step the fvck up or get the fvck out. Train's leaving the station.

I was at the game. I thought the crowd was more like 60-40 Texas. Maybe even 65-35. The Georgia fans I ran into were cordial. I did sense in many, prior to the game, that they would put us away handily. For the most part they cheered for Georgia. not S-E-C. I believe they have too much pride in their program and what they have accomplished, to be clinging to their conference ego coattails. Strangely the Stadium sound system played an S-E-C cheer. I was on the Georgia side (although heavily infiltrated by TX fans) and many Dawg fans stood throughout the game. A couple time late Horn fans were cheering S-E-C and "Overrated." I'm not big on either of those cheers. I get the sarcasm, but it was really misdirected at the Georgia fans. As my 20 year old son said to me, "my Aggie friends are more upset about this loss than the georgia fans."

I thought this crowd was bigger than the game 23 years ago against Virginia Tech. Although the announced attendance was about the same. Outcome was more enjoyable.

I was at the game. I thought the crowd was more like 60-40 Texas. Maybe even 65-35. The Georgia fans I ran into were cordial. I did sense in many, prior to the game, that they would put us away handily. For the most part they cheered for Georgia. not S-E-C. I believe they have too much pride in their program and what they have accomplished, to be clinging to their conference ego coattails. Strangely the Stadium sound system played an S-E-C cheer. I was on the Georgia side (although heavily infiltrated by TX fans) and many Dawg fans stood throughout the game. A couple time late Horn fans were cheering S-E-C and "Overrated." I'm not big on either of those cheers. I get the sarcasm, but it was really misdirected at the Georgia fans. As my 20 year old son said to me, "my Aggie friends are more upset about this loss than the georgia fans."

I thought this crowd was bigger than the game 23 years ago against Virginia Tech. Although the announced attendance was about the same. Outcome was more enjoyable.

This I believe. Texas beating Georgia was NOT what aggy wanted. They were counting on a golden opportunity to jam their $EC crap down our throats and that all went out the window when the Horns won. They can see that Texas is on the rise and they don't like it one bit, which is awesome. :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT