ADVERTISEMENT

Thursday post-visit update on transfer DL Damonic Williams (plus a note on another portal DT)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
I just spoke with former defensive tackle Damonic Williams. The former TCU standout wrapped up his Texas official visit earlier today and he tells me it was a great visit overall. Williams said he loved the camaraderie of the UT program and the Texas coaches really stressed to him how much they'd love to have him in Austin.

Williams was supposed to follow the Texas visit up with a trip to Colorado. He has cancelled the CU trip and will now visit Missouri and LSU in the coming days. He told me his plan is to have a final decision on Wednesday of next week.

He's now visited OU and Texas with two more trips to follow. I asked how Texas and OU stacked up after those two visits and he said they're very comparable and are "neck and neck."

Of note ... in communicating with a Missouri source, it sounds like the Tigers are currently hosting Michigan State transfer DL Simeon Barrow on a visit today. Barrow has talked about taking a possible visit to Texas as well so he's another name we'll continue to monitor. Along with Missouri, he's already visited LSU and is supposed to be at Miami next week.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News