ADVERTISEMENT

Time to start a final score thread

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
You know Matt Rhule seems like a decent man certainly better than Art Briles. Unfortunately this mess he inherited may not be over. It's not going to get better tomorrow

TX. 45
Baylor 26

Typo error I meant to say 45

Last edited:
I'm too scared of this team buying into the hype....I think its another slow start with Baylor coming out with their hair on fire.....it's close at half
But we win 38-21

I hope I'm way off and it ends up 55-10

Another bad run defense, with our offensive line gaining steam. Ingram gets his first 100 yard game, Texas cruises to a 42-14 win.

Reactions: freeper
our place doesn't get fired up all often enough, but when it does it's an absolute monster advantage. I think our place will be moderately fired up. we'll lose again-- this cfp talk is a bit of wishful thinking right now-- but it'll happen on the road the first time we lose again. because if we keep winning, the home energy will snowball. I say good guys 38-16

Say it with me.......

We will not be in the college football playoff this year. You don't want this for several reasons. Let's finish this puppy out after the bowl season with a nice double digit (hopefully) win total.... and we will move on to next year with clear eyes and clear vision.

our place doesn't get fired up all often enough, but when it does it's an absolute monster advantage. I think our place will be moderately fired up. we'll lose again-- this cfp talk is a bit of wishful thinking right now-- but it'll happen on the road the first time we lose again. because if we keep winning, the home energy will snowball. I say good guys 38-16

oh, I think we lose at 1, maybe 2 more. even if we win out, I have no delusions of cfp glory. HOWEVER, would I rather be in the mix or not? i'd rather take my shot every time-- means we won a whole bunch of games and ya never know what actually might happen. most of you had us at 1-5 at this point after tulsa. at any rate, I think it's going to seem ludicrous at the end of the year. hope i'm wrong though

From the other thread

I'm going 38-24.

Texas goes up early 14-0, starts to sleep walk, Baylor gets it to 14-10. Texas scores twice late to make it 24-10 at the half. Texas then goes up 38-10 and then sleep walks to a 38-24 victory. We're left unsatisfied because Texas should've and could've put 50 on the board but decided to get lazy when up big. Texas defense plays uninspired for many segments of the game and we will complain that they have no killer instinct. But ultimately, we go into the bye week 6-1, 4-0.

Texas 31 Baylor 10

Hook'em

does-a-bear-shit-in-the-woods-funny-pictures_zps669398ad.jpg

Hook'em

Last edited:
Not changing my prediction pattern now so,

Baylor comes out pissed off at the world and lays 50 on TX before the coin toss. Teddy bears on FIRE! Waco has been holding back 95% of their playbook just for Texas and hid the fact that RG3 secretly has 1 last game of eligibility left. He will start.

If Texas plays as well as they did last week then it should be a decisive win I’m. To me it’s going to come down to how Ehlinger plays.

28-17 Texas. Take the points and the under. The horns score late TD to put it away.

Uh oh

I saw where there is an 80% chance for thunderstorms tomorrow. If it just rains fine but thunder and we could have another long ass rain delay. Hopefully this won't happen.

Uh oh

I saw where there is an 80% chance for thunderstorms tomorrow. If it just rains fine but thunder and we could have another long ass rain delay. Hopefully this won't happen.
Seeing how it's rained everyday for the last 5 weeks that's probably a safe bet.

Took Baylor and the points. Thinking Texas wins fairly easily but Baylor might score late garbage TD. 34-24

I am hoping we win till we dont....and fine by me if we win out and get in the dance.
My hope is that Herman has FINALLY seen the risk of taking his foot off the gas...

Texas 42 - 10

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
I am hoping we win till we dont....and fine by me if we win out and get in the dance.
My hope is that Herman has FINALLY seen the risk of taking his foot off the gas...

Texas 42 - 10

No, he hasn't. He was in denial after the OU game when asked about it. Said there's not a coach in America that wouldn't do the same with a 21 point lead in the 4th.

Thing is, he's absolutely right, if you have an offensive that can consistently grind it out.

Since this has failed and almost cost us several times already, you'd think one would learn to stick with what's working until your offensive proves it is capable of grinding it out without screwing it up. Sigh.

If he blows another 20 points lead and loses, I bet he won't have a job much longer..then he'll be in denial of not having a job

Hook'em

I said for you to go and have a pizza and think before ya talk! What they tell me!

Hook'em

Last edited:
I have a feeling this one gonna be close boys. Let down, hangover or whatever you want to call it.

After 8 years off this s**t I'll have learned to appreciate victory and it doesn't matter to me how much or who it was anymore. Fior. the first time since 2009 there is a real reason to be ☺ Speaking for me I look at the rest of our schedule and right now I don't see anyone we can't beat. But there isn't any team that can't beat us. And I'm enjoying this.

HookemHorns

Reactions: weevilcatch
Ya dude..... it's a weird dynamic. This is why it's so hard to predict these games. We don't run a consistent offense. What I mean by that is, we don't line up and have the ability to pound you and control tempo like we used to. We have to hope that our "timing" shows up, instead of our "toughness". It's just a different game for us now.

Look at tech. On any given night, if tech is hitting on ALL eight cylinders, they can beat anybody. But it has to be that night. The stars must align. Now, on any other given night, Tulane can't play the absolute perfect game and beat Alabama. It's just not realistic. Aggy was what? One inch away from arguably one of the greatest upsets in their program history against Clemson? (on any given night)
But we now run a different offense than we are used to, and that offense is staffed with different kids than we are used to.

Remember when Spike Dykes ran Tech? They were a quick snap, no count, wing T, outside veer, option team. Inside of five years they went to a 5 wide, sling it 65 times a game and run it only when they HAD to. It was a difference offense than they were used to, staffed with different kids than they were used to.

We are at that point.

After 8 years off this s**t I'll have learned to appreciate victory and it doesn't matter to me how much or who it was anymore. Fior. the first time since 2009 there is a real reason to be ☺ Speaking for me I look at the rest of our schedule and right now I don't see anyone we can't beat. But there isn't any team that can't beat us. And I'm enjoying this.

HookemHorns

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT