ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (10/28)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Am I a cow or a buffalo?

In his great song, "Redeemed," artist Michael Weaver dives down into our souls, to places we don't like to go, and we sure don't let anybody else go there. In his lyrics, he admits that:

Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last?

I know for a fact that many of us here----get real, it's ALL of us here----deal with this most every day. We choose at times to live in the prison of poor choices, plain ol' bad luck, or garden variety stupidity. How long is this gonna last? It will last as long as we allow it to, for as long as we yield to the paralysis of fear and regret.

Turns out the buffalo has the answer. When a storm approaches, the buffalo turns toward it and runs through it head-on! This enables them to get through the leading edge, where the winds are the fiercest, more quickly, and just get it over with. Cattle, on the other hand, turn their backsides toward the storm and try to walk away from it. Yeah Elsie, how's that working out for you?

Today, let us find the courage to face our storms. They're coming, it's inevitable, but let's don't prolong them by choosing fear.
Be the Buffalo!

Be well and of good cheer, our brother DD! See you soon. Blessings lass and lads.

NT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News