ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (10/30)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
You can't insult me; I used to hold the flashlight for my Dad.
~~~~~~Everyone who ever held the flashlight for his/her dad

Those of you who have had this experience as a youngster know exactly what I'm talking about. For those of you who haven't, you missed a rite of passage, and an opportunity to expand your young vocabulary. For boys at least, our minds quickly wander, and then so does the light. That simple misstep leads to another much greater misstep. Your dad will point that out.

And so it is with life. If we're in the dark (whether literal or figurative), but we have a flashlight, we should aim that light no farther ahead than the very next step we're going to take. In that next step, there might be a snake in our path, or a hole, or a rock....some sort of obstacle we must deal with before we give any thought to what lies another 100 yards down the path. The recovery mantra "one day at a time" has stood the test of time because it works, in recovery and everywhere else. A week has seven days, each of which has its own unique importance.

Continued prayers and best wishes for DD, and with Blessings and best wishes for all, I remain,

Your humble pinch-hitting servant,

NT

A PS for those with time and interest: "Courage is more exhilarating than fear, and in the long run it is easier. We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down." Eleanor Roosevelt

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News