ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (12-29)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.
~~~~~~~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

If at first you don't succeed, you're running about average.
~~~~~~~ M. H. Alderson

Me personally, I find it much easier to apply that second quote. Some things take time, and as we continue to learn about ourselves, we come to realize that there's a lot of trial and error in this thing we call "Life." How many times have we said to ourselves "Boy, I won't make THAT mistake again." Yeah, you wish. Great and valuable and life-altering lessons are often not so easily learned. Sometimes we must learn to practice compassion over judgment; listening over talking and doing; standing up for our beliefs over wilting just to keep peace. Getting good at the big stuff takes practice. Practice makes progress.

In football, running backs are taught to "fall forward," meaning that they should run in such a way that as they are tackled, the momentum they have created will enable them to pick up an extra yard or two before they hit the ground. We need to learn to fall better. Might take some faith, but don't take my word for it---talk to God. See if He'll help you get up again. Rising up again means we're making progress.

God bless you all.

NT
Isaiah 41:10

Dedicated to Allen Jones, who had the faith to rise up, against the odds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News