Jun 3, 2010
“I only talk to God when I need a favor
and I only pray when I ain’t got prayer
So, who the hell am I, who the hell am I
to expect a Savior o-o-oh
If I only talk to God when I need a favor
But God I need a Favor!”
Jelly Roll

Back in July, our leader posted a Gift about the frequency with which we hear our fellow man wonder “so where is God in all of this?” or “Where was He? That post got me thinking about the prefix, “omni.”

God is indisputably, omniscient and omnipotent. He is all knowing and almighty. But too often we overlook the most important “omni” that necessarily follows from the first two, as made clear by other posts that day. That is, if God is omnipotent and omniscient, then He must also be omnipresent.

Omnipresent means He is ubiquitous; He is everywhere all the time. But if that is the case, or the world in which we “believers” find ourselves, then we must be in constant communication with Him. We do not compartmentalize our God; but instead, we continually exchange love and thought, back and forth. And those tiny, little conversations multiply themselves into an ever-widening circle of peace and goodwill to our fellow man.

As a consequence, we don’t do things we shouldn’t, and we do those things we should. Moreover, with a mindset of omnipresence, we land in a place of freedom. The only real freedom we can taste is not doing what we ought to because we ought to, but doing what we ought to because we want to. Who wouldn’t want to do the right things in the presence of a God in which they believe?

My prayer for today is that you place God in the midpoint. My prayer is that you place Him in the center of the middle between every stimulus you see, and every response you provide.

Psalms 139

Bmk1982

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.