ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (4-5)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
If I tell you where to find the self-help books, doesn't that defeat the purpose?
~~~~~~~~~~ George Carlin

There are self-help books and other resources that address every conceivable aspect of human endeavor. We can de-clutter, lose weight, find love, forget our past, improve our memory...you name it. There's nothing wrong with striving to "be better," nor is there anything wrong with getting help. It's the "self" part that can be troubling. If we are relying solely on ourselves, we are missing out on the opportunity to get help from our Higher Power, our God, the world's best personal trainer. As far as I can tell, He's also the only one who doesn't charge an exorbitant fee.

We hear people say "God won't give you more than you can handle." They mean well I'm sure, but they've skipped over a step in the instruction manual. We all face trials. Some are the product of circumstances; others are the product of our choices. Regardless, the better approach for us is to realize that there is nothing that we and He together can't handle. Pray. Ask. Listen.

Wishing you the best in all things,
NT
James 1:13; 1 Cor 10:13
Dedicated to the memory of Allen Jones, who learned that "self" is a four-letter word.

PS A quick personal note. I'm taking a few days off with Mrs. NT next week. TG will continue to appear every day, thanks to the generosity and skill of our Queen, Mrs T-Sipper, and @Bmk1989 . TG will still be found under my handle, for the sake of continuity, but they will do the heavy lifting. Many thanks to you both.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News