ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-11)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
If evolution really works, then how come mothers still have only two hands?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Milton Berle

In case you've forgotten, tomorrow is Mother's Day. As between husbands and wives, it's a day that has always mystified me. Maybe @T-Sipper 1972 (Mrs.) can help us out, but from where I stand, a wife will spend 11 1/2 months of the year telling her husband to "pick up your laundry, I'm not your mother," or "put your dishes in the dishwasher; do I look like your mother?" Then, in a complete 180, around May 1, that same wife will say "You know what you can get me for Mother's Day?" [insert your own clever response here; none of mine have ever worked].

Some of us still have our moms, while others of us do not. My mom lived to be 95, and her passing was peaceful and not unexpected, but I know that some of you lost your moms when they were way too young, taken suddenly from you by illness or trauma. Regardless, there's never a good time to lose that lady who raised you and stood beside you when the world mounted a frontal assault. If you still have yours, do something to celebrate; if you don't, then do something to make sure that the memories of her never fade away.

As Jesus was dying His earthly death on the Cross, seeing His mother He said to the apostle John "Here is your mother." From that time on, "this disciple took her into his home." John 19:26-27. Even in the face of His anguish and pain, He held His mother in great reverence. We can do no less.

Blessings,
NT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News