ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-15)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
It's not hard. When I'm not hittin,' I don't hit nobody, but when I'm hittin,' I hit anybody!
~~~~~~~~~~ Willie Mays

Good hitters will tell you that when they're on a hitting streak, they can practically count the seams on the baseball as it approaches the plate, and when they look out on the field, they see only holes and gaps. Inevitably, a slump comes along, and then all they can see are fielders standing in every gap.

Sounds a lot like life. Ups and downs, good days and bad. We are all vulnerable to misfortune, accidents, disappointments. As difficult as such days and experiences can be, we'd do well to remember that we are not alone. Nothing can truly separate us from our Higher Power, our God. Bad things can certainly seem unfair, but if we accept them and lean on God's help, those things will have less power over us.

Today, we can work on facing those misfortunes, let God help us take 'em down, and make room for the good things that are bound to follow. Like a great hitter, just "hit 'em where they ain't."

Be at peace,
NT
Prov 3: 5-6 (an old stand-by, always worth repeating)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News