ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-23)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Life is what happens to us while we are making other plans.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Allen Saunders

Mrs. NT is a planner. And by "planner" I don't mean someone who lays out a general framework for a task or project. No No, I'm talking about a person who accounts for every micro-detail. She can spend days, even weeks, planning some seemingly simple event. We all know people like that. That level of planning is admirable. Until it isn't. Invariably, some ONE or someTHING will, without warning, fail to adhere to the plan. Ants or rain will show up at the picnic. I can't speak for others, but in the case of Mrs. NT, she cannot deal with that. Think Linda Blair. Hide the kitchen knives.

A certain amount of detail is essential, but it is equally important that our plans be designed to play out against a backdrop of something reliable, a constant we can rely on, so that when our plan goes awry, it does not mean that all is lost. It merely means that we need to revise that plan, or make a new one. As we're envisioning our plans, we'd do well to seek God's guidance. Tell Him your plan, say the words out loud, omitting nothing. That's the easy part. Now listen. That's the hard part.

Blessings my friends.
(Sorry TG is late this morning; computer and internet issues. And no, I didn't plan on that)
Jeremiah 29:11

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News