ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-26)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
I will praise You, for I am...wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works, and my soul knows that very well.
~~~~~~~~~~~~ Psalm 139:14

There are days when we just don't feel good about ourselves. As Karen Carpenter sang, maybe "nothin' is really wrong, feelin' like I don't belong" (Rainy Days and Mondays); something is just "off." That sort of moodiness may be a reminder of our past, or maybe a more recent event is bothering us. Or maybe we really don't know why, but we simply feel "blue." We end up being irritable with ourselves and with others.

This would be a good time to remember that we are loved by a Maker who endowed us with marvelous talents and strengths. Maybe this is a day when we must allow ourselves to be hoisted up and carried by His love. Resist the temptation to "grip tighter and swing harder," but instead pray to be accessible and open enough to let His love come in.

On this very fine Sunday morning, I pray that we are all able to rekindle that feeling that a loving God is here with us, and will not abandon us.

Travel day for me. May all of you be blessed. If you live or have family up near Pilot Point or the surrounding area, prayers for your/their safety and recovery from last night's weather.

NT

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News