“Hey there, Son.
It’s Dad again.
I know you’re busy.
I’m just checking in
Just call me later
if you get a chance…
I was just wondering how you’ve been.”
For KING & COUNTRY

From the time I left home for college I talked to my mom and dad, and then just my dad every Sunday. Most of the time calls were about what was going on with family, friends, and neighbors or his cows (Shorthorns) and horses (Appaloosas). And, of course, the weather. What Texan doesn’t talk about the weather?

The last time I talked to Daddy was the Sunday he died. His health was not good, and he’d recently had a heart attach. I was leaving for home the next day to spend some time with him and maybe bring him back to Virginia where we were living. We talked for a long time, an hour, maybe more, and he sounded really good. About 45 minutes after we hung up, I got a a call from his nephew telling me, “We lost your father.” Took me by surprise to say the least.

My point is that we never know when our time is up which makes our connections to our family and friends tenuous. Just check in with your loved ones. Don’t let a busy schedule or a disagreement keep you from checking in. You just never know…

Blessings and love,
Mrs. T-Sipper 1972

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.