ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-18)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Choice of attention---to pay attention to this and ignore that---is to the inner life, what choice of action is to the outer. In both cases, a man is responsible for his choice and must accept the consequences.
~~~~~~~~~ W. H. Auden

Many of us have said something along the lines of "I just can't help myself," when we've tried to break a habit or even an addiction. "I just can't stop thinking about...."

Imagine we live in a house with many windows that provide very different exposures---a street, a park, a neighbor---a different view from each one, and each view offering many things to grab our attention. If we always go to the same window and focus on the same objects, we are failing to use all of our available choices. As the old saying goes, if you're not the lead dog on the sled team, your view never changes. By failing to spend time at all our windows, we will overlook some things that needed attention. We have the power to change our focus. My prayer for today is that we'll also find the wisdom to do so.

Blessings and Peace,
NT
James 1:5

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News