ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-25)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
The great end of life is not knowledge but action.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Thomas Huxley

We often have good ideas about how to make things better---at home, at work, for life in general. (I might add here that nobody at Rivals has ever had an idea that made anything better, except possibly for people AT Rivals. The recent changes on OB are all the evidence we need). Anyhow, we can think about sobriety, or the need to stop smoking, but unless we introduce those almost abstract thoughts to real action, nothing changes. On a simpler level, we might acknowledge that our evening meal would be much improved if we spent it together as a family, swapping stories about our days, but KNOWING it is not the same as DOING it.

None of our good intentions, however noble they may be, will count for much until we take action. A drive-by "I love you" is better than nothing, but there are times when it must be coupled with a hug, a gentle touch, a purposeful gesture of some sort. A little bedtime story read together with a child is better than planning a vacation that never quite comes to pass.

If not me, then who? If not now, then when?

My prayer for this day will be that we find the time and the resolve to stop analyzing, and start action-izing.

Blessings, all.
In love and peace,
NT
James 2: 14-18 "You show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith BY my works."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News