ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (7-2)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child. Now I have reversed the order, and I intend to remain young indefinitely.
~~~~~~~ Mary Pickford

As the saying goes, youth is wasted on the young. Some truth to that I suppose. Chronologically at least, we're all adults now, but does that mean that the kid we used to be is lost and gone forever? No more wiffle ball games with ghost runners and crazy rules? No more passing notes and getting the church giggles?

Scripture tells us that "unless you become like little children, you won't enter the kingdom of Heaven." No, wiffle ball won't get us through the pearly gates, but as we try to grow in our faith and spirituality, we'd do well to remember what it was like as a kid, seeking and learning, developing trust, finding joy in the simplest things, always ready for laughter and friendship. For cryin' out loud, even Scrooge began to change when he got the child spirit.

For those in a 12-Step program, there is a renewal of the hope and trust of a child. There is an empathy, and ideally a willingness on the part of the members to help each other, and to accept help. Today, we pray for your continued success, and we pray that we can all find that same hope and trust and faith.

Blessings,
NT
Matthew 18:3

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News