ADVERTISEMENT

Top Stock for 2021?

Lots of great options.

I’d probably look to growth sectors. There are still some good value plays - travel, etc as things normalize

Clean energy will continue to climb as will cannabis and Electric vehicle due to Biden.

so there are some good indexes you can buy or individual stocks of course.

clean energy ETFs like TAN or ICLN

cannabis ones like YOLO, THCX or MJ

EV ones like HAIL or just buy Nikola or NIO. Tesla probably fully valued for now.

tech should continue but not like 2020 so I like the QQQ etf

Coinbase. If they IPO. It appears the funds that will do well are GBTC, ETHE and BITW. IMHO

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Any stock dealing with Mary Jane. Sin stocks are going to be the most consistant. Booze, Cigs and Weed stocks. I'd also look real hard at gun stocks.

Reactions: dcervantesjr
weed stocks have been the next hot thing for years....it just never happens.....save your money.

Reactions: Lampasas
weed stocks have been the next hot thing for years....it just never happens.....save your money.

I concur. I read an article about "legal" pot in California, and it was not very profiable for sellers or growers. Complying with all the regulations, coupled with the heavy taxes put the legal weed in a position where it couldn't compete with the illegal weed.

Jumia.

If you can get the Nigerians and Angolans to stop acting like Nigerians and angolans, then the Amazon of Africa could actually take off.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I concur. I read an article about "legal" pot in California, and it was not very profiable for sellers or growers. Complying with all the regulations, coupled with the heavy taxes put the legal weed in a position where it couldn't compete with the illegal weed.
Murder Mountain on Netflix. Not great, but watchable. There is a scene where a pot grower decides to come out of the shadows and go legit. Then he has the minimum wage, minimum benefits, eco friendly fertilizers, regulation regulation regulation - and couldn't make a go of it.

Jumia.

If you can get the Nigerians and Angolans to stop acting like Nigerians and angolans, then the Amazon of Africa could actually take off.
That is funny right there. I am not sure what is going on in the Amazon of Africa, but this made me laugh.

I would question Disney when looking at the near term outlook.
ESPN is underwhelming, and I wonder if they are agile enough to adapt to, and profit from the current sea change underway in media (content and distribution). I would have similar concerns with the movie component (theaters will not recover soon and I don't believe they have broken the code yet on how to maximize revenue with streaming). Theme parks could recover once a successful vaccine is widely deployed with verified results, but who knows if capacity limits will ever be fully relaxed, particularly in california.

I would question Disney when looking at the near term outlook.
ESPN is underwhelming, and I wonder if they are agile enough to adapt to, and profit from the current sea change underway in media (content and distribution). I would have similar concerns with the movie component (theaters will not recover soon and I don't believe they have broken the code yet on how to maximize revenue with streaming). Theme parks could recover once a successful vaccine is widely deployed with verified results, but who knows if capacity limits will ever be fully relaxed, particularly in california.
My Disney investment is for five to seven years of investment when I plan to retire.

My Disney investment is for five to seven years of investment when I plan to retire.
ESPN is bleeding badly but they are cutting off the fat. Disney streaming service outweighs all of that and then some. Throw in Star Wars, and I think your retirement will get a nice boost from Walt et al. Enjoy a nice drink on the beach for me 😁

Reactions: Boogie63
Coinbase. If they IPO. It appears the funds that will do well are GBTC, ETHE and BITW. IMHO
Exactly and we've been hearing that would happen for the last 2-3 years. BTW I sold a nice chunk of BTC the other day at $32,500 who knew it'd go to $40,000 and higher

Reactions: westx
Exactly and we've been hearing that would happen for the last 2-3 years. BTW I sold a nice chunk of BTC the other day at $32,500 who knew it'd go to $40,000 and higher
A wave of Institutions have been stacking sats after some high profile billionaires made their BTC investment public. Who knows how high it will get once some crypto investment products like ETFs are available to the retail investors via their retirement accounts or traditional exchanges.

Reactions: Belldozer1
A wave of Institutions have been stacking sats after some high profile billionaires made their BTC investment public. Who knows how high it will get once some crypto investment products like ETFs are available to the retail investors via their retirement accounts or traditional exchanges.
My bitcoin is in GBTC in my IRA.

Reactions: westx

Bell....good for you. As Joe Kennedy once said....never get upset over making a profit. I suspect that lots of people will wish they had sold their bitcoin at $32,000.00...Bears make money....Bulls make money...hogs get slaughtered.
I may be a bit dumb, but I am not going to put my money into something that was created to help Cartels launder money.

I will say this about Bitcoin and the like, imo it's a total crap shoot. For me there is really no rhyme or reason for its fluctuations that are discernable to the everyday Joe. I was able to get in early at pretty low prices and have benefitted twice. Would I buy it at $40,000/BTC hell no but what do I know.

Bell....good for you. As Joe Kennedy once said....never get upset over making a profit. I suspect that lots of people will wish they had sold their bitcoin at $32,000.00...Bears make money....Bulls make money...hogs get slaughtered.
I may be a bit dumb, but I am not going to put my money into something that was created to help Cartels launder money.
If by cartels you mean the governments of the world printing money out of thin air, then that is correct as to its purpose. Drug cartels were not the reason for BTC's creation.

If you had $5k in “play” money to invest short term and maximize profits (>50% return) and cash out within 3 months, what stocks would be prime candidates, if any?

I will say this about Bitcoin and the like, imo it's a total crap shoot. For me there is really no rhyme or reason for its fluctuations that are discernable to the everyday Joe. I was able to get in early at pretty low prices and have benefitted twice. Would I buy it at $40,000/BTC hell no but what do I know.
"MicroStrategy has purchased approximately 295 bitcoins for $10.0 million in cash, at an average price of ~ $33,808 per #bitcoin. We now #hodl ~ 71,079 bitcoins acquired for $1.145 billion at average price of ~ $16,109 per bitcoin."

The CEO, Michael Saylor, will be hosting a summit on Feb 3 and 4 for "significant" corporations specifically on how and why to invest in BTC. They aren't disclosing who the attendees are at this point. I wouldn't put everything into BTC, but scaling in a little here and there might not be bad (IF you believe in the technology).

If you had $5k in “play” money to invest short term and maximize profits (>50% return) and cash out within 3 months, what stocks would be prime candidates, if any?
I am far from a professional investor, but I never do short term investments. Too risky and too much knowledge required.

Reactions: fasteddie100
I bought 50 shares of CBP. Nice juicy 3%+ dividend. Chicken Noodle Soup will never go out of business - slow and steady wins the race!

I bought 50 shares of CBP. Nice juicy 3%+ dividend. Chicken Noodle Soup will never go out of business - slow and steady wins the race!

This is likely the highest the markets will go for some time. We are in the process of developing a multi year top formation. I would wait for the next correction, then go the commodity route. Just trying to help.

This is likely the highest the markets will go for some time. We are in the process of developing a multi year top formation. I would wait for the next correction, then go the commodity route. Just trying to help.
Commodities - does that include oil? Worried at all about the green new deal trend?

Reactions: Boogie63
I know there are a variety of things that go into the question I’m about to ask. What would be the amount of money needed to retire at the age of 60. House paid for....low taxes where I live....maybe one car payment.... couple trips a year, yada yada.

I know there are a variety of things that go into the question I’m about to ask. What would be the amount of money needed to retire at the age of 60. House paid for....low taxes where I live....maybe one car payment.... couple trips a year, yada yada.

Money?....just use Bell's tried and true formula....find a good corner...wad up a piece of cardboard and write on it....Anything will help!

It helps if you have an old dog with you...

ADVERTISEMENT