ADVERTISEMENT

Trump voters are like O.J. jurors . . .

HllCountryHorn

Unofficial history mod
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2010
My theory — in both situations, they pretty much know their guy is probably guilty of just about whatever claims are being made against him, but that really doesn’t faze them because they want to send a larger message to the stacked system of elites that relentlessly attacks him. This letter to the editor in the Wall Street Journal kind of crystallizes it:

Peggy Noonan starts out decrying Joe Biden as “too old and infirm” to be president and Donald Trump as “too crazy” (“2024: A Certain Fatalism Sets In,” Declarations, May 11). I think this gives Old Joe a pass; after all, who doesn’t feel for an old man?​
Instead, I see a man who has spent his adult life living off the largesse of political power. I see a man who has weaponized law enforcement to attack his opponent as well as everyday citizens—concerned parents, pro-lifers, Catholics and even grandmothers praying in the Capitol.​
I see a man who defies Supreme Court rulings by expanding regulatory overreach and canceling student debt. I see a man who throws allies under the bus to gain votes, holding back arms in Ukraine and Israel, and prolonging, not winning, wars.​
I see a man who attacks dependable fossil fuels and mandates electric cars that few want to satisfy the noisy greens. I see a man who would sanction abortion through the third trimester and supports the mutilation of troubled children, both under the guise of health. I could go on—open borders, fentanyl, Afghanistan, Hunter, Tara Reade, inflation.​
In short, I see a man destroying our country. This election, I’ll vote “crazy.”​
Susan C. Baker

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News