ADVERTISEMENT

TTU Game Thread?

I'm glad we won the game but I am absolutely livid with the unbelievable play-calling putting Tyrone Swoopes in on third and fourth down when you have Donta Foreman who's been torching Tech all day. I hope Charlie gets slammed by the media.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
With the penalties and lack of many being called on Tech, glad for the win. This offensive staffs choices were bordering on criminal in the 4th. Give Foreman the rock, don't over think it!!!!

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
The refs really screwed Texas over today. Missed the runner out of bounds on the fumble return, should of stopped the play of the porter fumble and missed a big time hold on the TD after the fumble. Nice to see them fight back

I'm glad we won the game but I am absolutely livid with the unbelievable play-calling putting Tyrone Swoopes in on third and fourth down when you have Donta Foreman who's been torching Tech all day. I hope Charlie gets slammed by the media.

I know he can still throw but 9 out of 10 he is running ,mix it up and pop the ball over the defenses head once in awhile so they will not charge the line of scrimmage.

It was a bad call to use Swoops there but it is worth noting that the use of Foreman decreased significantly after the horse collar tackle. It could be that he wasn't right.

I have to say though. All week Strong gets trashed saying it's only about W's and L's. Come Saturday they get a good road win and played well and you see. "We won but...". That's why I say the two sides need to find a way to separate imo. I think Strong has us pointed in the right direction, but I don't think it's a long term relationship that's going to work.

I had Ethiopian food for dinner last night. I have a tv mounted on the wall in my bathroom. First of all, if your friends ever say "Hey man, want to go have Ethiopian food for dinner tonight?".... just say no. If you do say "yes", make sure you have a tv mounted on the wall of your sh!tter.
Never seen a fat Ethiopian. Think that's why?

When I saw Swoopes get stuffed I thought UT had given the game away. Tech doesn't appear to have that receiver in their arsenal that they have in the past in my opinion. I will add that if UT would have lost, I agree with announcers that said "that's the kind of call that gets a coach fired"

Yeah, that made me nuts. I had actually just been thinking a little earlier in the game that I had actually been pretty happy with the play-calling in general for the game, and how, if it hadn't been for a few small things here or there and that situation where the ball got torn out somewhere near (on one side or the other) of their goal line and run back to somewhere near (but almost definitely not across) their goal line, this game would have looked a little more one-sided.

Overall, it was a pretty nice game for the Horns! But man... the offensive play-calling at that point... was just... bewildering. Is there any reason to think that they wanted to keep him from reaching some certain number of yards until he was in front of a home crowd? I really just didn't understand the call. At least have him on the field as a threat, even if you want to do something else...

I was out of town today didn't get to see the game. I saw a 3 minute video clip when I got home. Who from our ol stood out. I saw that Vahe was benched last week. How good are we playing as a unit? And just what injury has caused CWIII to miss the season? Judging by the box score it looks like Porter is coming on. I saw where Colin Johnson caught a td pass. I knew that TT had a bad defense but Jake Oliver catching a pass for 52 yards? I didn't realize they were that slow : )

And I saw where Kris Boyd made the game clinching pic with less than 10 seconds to go. As bad as our secondary it must have felt great to see them finally make a big play. I"m sure in a couple of hours I'll be able to watch the game.

Here's hoping that we make it to 8/4.

It's like watching a train wreck....................
All I know is that since Brett Robin graduated we haven't had any kind of effective shovel pass game at all...
He's a good kid. His old man is actually my physician. He grew up in odessa with both my parents and graduated with them from OHS class of 64. Funny story, but Dr. Robin took my mom to the 6th grade sock hop. Brett is an orthopedic surgeon now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT