ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday update on Derek Williams (EDIT 2:20pm)

Nick Harris

Gold Member
Mar 9, 2022
What’s up, everybody.

A source close to the family of New Iberia (La.) Westgate four-star safety Derek Williams told me this morning that the plan is now for Williams to sign in February.

Talked to one source at Texas that was surprised by this, so this leads me to believe that this decision was made early this morning considering the two parties spoke yesterday.

What do I think? I think there is still indecision going on, but that the family is starting to lean another way and that is signing in February. Williams expressed his desire to take other visits and was not able to do that with Westgate’s deep playoff run. This would give him that opportunity.

I’ll have more as I get it.

EDIT 2:20pm: Just talked to a source at Texas that said that the staff had a positive conversation with Derek Williams and his mom this afternoon and they now expect him to sign on Wednesday once again.

Given the back-and-forth nature here, this is something I won't consider resolved until the letter of intent is received tomorrow or when the signing period expires on Friday. It is notable that Texas has confidence back in the building after a little bit of panic this morning.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News