ADVERTISEMENT

Two different Texas teams - Sam as a runner and not

Horn On The Couch

Give yer balls a tug
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2011
I feel like Texas is two different football teams. It’s why we have played so many close games no matter the opponent the last year and a half. We play essentially our restricted game plans against teams we think we can beat with one hand tied behind our back and open it up against teams we have to do whatever it takes to win. Obviously, talking about Sam as a runner and preventing him from being injured.

Both OU games last year, Georgia, LSU you get the maximum Texas offense with letting Sam loose with designed qb runs. I would also say the underdog role puts Herman in a more aggressive mindset. I get that OU should be favored, there are lots of statistics that would explain why. But Texas has had great success against really talented teams. It’s not really luck or playing over our heads. A dropped pass can mean a whole lot.

I believe Texas will once again look great on Saturday against a widely believed to be superior team. The OL is really good. Great qb, and what I believe to be two great receivers.

I think this game looks a lot like the last few years. Texas is the more physical team but also surrenders more big plays. I think the defense does enough to have us in position to win the game in the 4th quarter.

I do look forward to when we don’t have to worry about injury to play a dominant brand of football week in and week out like the top 5 teams in the country are able to do. We are getting closer.

OU Sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News