ADVERTISEMENT

UCLA vs A&M

I am flipping channels too much to get any feel for any game. I am watching unc/ga, ucla/am and wisky/lsu

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I'm primarily watching Wisconsin/LSU. LSU's defense has taken over & Wisconsin is committing critical penalties.

Chavis is the real deal. Amazing the changes that have happened in a little over a year. Aggie D is very good. Hope Gilbert can make that much difference for us.

Well, I begin to watch Wisky/lsu and doze off. Next thing I know, UCLA came back to tie it up. 15 points in less than 2 minutes. Wow.

Sumlin mismanaged that last 8 minutes so bad it's not even funny. Went to prevent defense and changed the offense. Sumlin is killing me. Should never have gotten to this point. But, I'm an Aggie and I've seen this before

Sumlin mismanaged that last 8 minutes so bad it's not even funny. Went to prevent defense and changed the offense. Sumlin is killing me. Should never have gotten to this point. But, I'm an Aggie and I've seen this before
Gutsy call to go for it on 4th and Goal.

Yes it was gutsy. Like the call. Defense played pretty good until they went soft in the 4th. Just don't like Sumlin as a game manager. He has always been pretty ballsy. I'll take the win. UCLA was a pretty good team and we played pretty good as a whole.

aggy showed guts to hang in there and pull it off. Gotta give it to them. Lot of dropped passes by the Bruins today though. A pretty good win is probably the right assessment. 1-0 is a helluva lot better than 0-1.

Doc,

If you are really paying attention to Aggie football this is a weak assessment. Sumlin has proven, for better or worse, that his coordinators have full authority. The approach to the end of the game is on Chavis and Mazzone. Sumlin may have made the decision to go for it on 4th and goal in OT but would not be surprised if that was Mazzone's call.

I can assure you that Kevin Sumlin is not telling John Chavis what plays to call on defense.

Then if you know anything about football you know that if things aren't going well you get involved. That is your job. Do you watch Alabama play? Saban is chewing coordinators asses and he is involved. I agree Sumlin puts his coordinators in charge. Guess what, you have a head set on and know everything that is going on. When you see Chavis settle into a prevent defense for the last 8 minutes of the game you get involved. When you watch your offense look like they have no idea how to manage the clock, you get involved. Always on the head coach. His job is on the line so he better get more involved.

aggy showed guts to hang in there and pull it off. Gotta give it to them. Lot of dropped passes by the Bruins today though. A pretty good win is probably the right assessment. 1-0 is a helluva lot better than 0-1.
A&M loses if UCLA catches the football.

Chavis is the real deal. Amazing the changes that have happened in a little over a year. Aggie D is very good. Hope Gilbert can make that much difference for us.

Naw, using aggy logic, UCLA was just highyl over rated and not very good... Expect aggy to top out at 7-8 wins this year and finish 4th in their division.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT