ADVERTISEMENT

Unbelievable

LongfellowDrew

Dec 5, 2008
Man I’d never thought that being 4-1 was a bad thing. Some of you on this board forgot about the 5-7 seasons already and are hating the 4-1 record. Man those losing seasons have really messed with some of your minds. Guys we’re 4-1 we haven’t seen that record in a looooooong time. Yes the offense is ugly and stalls but we’re still winning. Give it some time with Herman’s system we knew that we didn’t have a McCoy or Young at QB. I know we have expectations but guys 4-1 isn’t a bad thing.

Man I’d never thought that being 4-1 was a bad thing. Some of you on this board forgot about the 5-7 seasons already and are hating the 4-1 record. Man those losing seasons have really messed with some of your minds. Guys we’re 4-1 we haven’t seen that record in a looooooong time. Yes the offense is ugly and stalls but we’re still winning. Give it some time with Herman’s system we knew that we didn’t have a McCoy or Young at QB. I know we have expectations but guys 4-1 isn’t a bad thing.

it could be 4-3 or 4-5 by the end, but like DKR said, " Victory is by 1 point or a 100 and 1 is good enough to win"!

Hook'em

Reactions: HornDrummer
Nah not for these guys.....a 1pt win is better than stepping on an opponent's throat....which most "good" teams do. 4-1 is great.....but it looks alot like smoke and mirrors to an average fan like myself

a win is a win. We have to learn how to WIN. Win clean, Win big and even WIN UGLY. Which is what today was..

4-1 and im one of the people who thought we'd be 1-4 going into RRR. I'll take it and hope we make some coaching adjustments...hoping...

You're right of course. I'm just sick to death of this mind numbing suicidal tendency of being so goddamn hard headed about the QB and RB positions.

Sam actually makes me miss Case McCoy as a passer, and he's not even a good runner. What does he see in that idiot that no other QB has gotten a shot at all this season? This after bragging about how much better the QB room is this year, and raving about how well the freshmen looked. Really? Looks like a one QB room to me, and that QB sucks out loud.

I'm usually one of the most positive posters here. I even left the board for a while when I ran out of positive things to say, and got sick of the overwhelming negativity on here. I feel like I'm about to have leave again. This sh*t is just frustrating as hell to watch.

You're right of course. I'm just sick to death of this mind numbing suicidal tendency of being so goddamn hard headed about the QB and RB positions.

Sam actually makes me miss Case McCoy as a passer, and he's not even a good runner. What does he see in that idiot that no other QB has gotten a shot at all this season? This after bragging about how much better the QB room is this year, and raving about how well the freshmen looked. Really? Looks like a one QB room to me, and that QB sucks out loud.

I'm usually one of the most positive posters here. I even left the board for a while when I ran out of positive things to say, and got sick of the overwhelming negativity on here. I feel like I'm about to have leave again. This sh*t is just frustrating as hell to watch.

Metcalf, usually i agree with everything you say on here but no I'd take Sam over Case any day. Sam has had some bad throws. especially yesterday. However he has not turned the ball over this year (Maryland game was a - for everyone), had some really good throws in our 4 other games. I'm still on the we can fix him stage since he is a sophomore. If we go downhill and by the end of the year he has made no progress, then sure im ready to move on. He can win us a big 12. Maybe not a natty but with our players he can get us to a big12 title and help us bring in more top recruits by winning again.

Compared to last year I will take the problems we have now any day. I have watched Texas football since i was a young chap and this team is NOWHERE near the 05-09 days. But we are much better than the 10-17 days. Progress is progress and as a Horn fan for life, I'll take these ugly ass wins over heartbreaking and blow out losses all day.

Hook'em and BTHO blowu

\m/ \m/

I think clearly that Herman is trying sabotage the team by playing the worst QB we have. He sees them every day at practice and believes Sam provides the best opportunity for us to lose. Herman is so incompetent that he can’t seem to pick the QB that will lose these games. What the hell is he thinking!

I think clearly that Herman is trying sabotage the team by playing the worst QB we have. He sees them every day at practice and believes Sam provides the best opportunity for us to lose. Herman is so incompetent that he can’t seem to pick the QB that will lose these games. What the hell is he thinking!

/sarc

=)roll

Like I said before, you should be pleased with your powerhouse victories

giphy.gif

a win is a win. We have to learn how to WIN. Win clean, Win big and even WIN UGLY. Which is what today was..

4-1 and im one of the people who thought we'd be 1-4 going into RRR. I'll take it and hope we make some coaching adjustments...hoping...
Win clean? Football is an inherently dirty business, in every sense of the word.

You're constantly trying to see what you can get away with. Players do it, coaches, boosters. Hotel proprietors messing with the visiting team. After the USC game, I'm wondering if maybe even refs are doing it.

As an OG, I remember trying to knock the wind out of DT on every play. (I often dominated far larger DTs, at least as I recall.) Hitting them in the gut, then sliding up, was the technique I was coached to use. In 5 seasons as an OG, I never got called for it. And the coaches, or rather the successful ones, were pulling shenanigans, too. That was then, though.

Last edited:
Win clean? Football is an inherently dirty business, in every sense of the word.

You're constantly trying to see what you can get away with. Players do it, coaches, boosters. Even hotel proprietors messing with the visiting team. After the USC game, I'm wondering if maybe even refs are doing it.

Or the KSU game?

"Like I said before, you should be pleased with your powerhouse victories"

Aggyjoe.....you do realize that every team TEXAS has beaten this year is a "powerhouse".....compared to who aggy has beaten.

We're happy with our season thanks. 4-1 feels pretty good so far.

Btw, you haven't beaten anyone worth a damn. We've beaten 3 teams better than anyone you've beaten. Win something. Then talk.

Last edited:
Texas looked weak against Maryland, Tulsa, and Kansas State, but Texas looked pretty damn good against TCU and USC. According to the Colley Matrix, Texas is sitting at #13 in the nation with the 36th best Strength of Schedule and a win over #44 USC. As long as USC, TCU, and Maryland continue winning games, that power will only increase.

If we want to compare to Texas A&M they sit at #49 in the nation with the 22nd hardest Strength of Schedule, but their best game is against #89 LA Monroe. Arkansas sits at #128. A&M's wins have a very low chance of looking better as time moves on. Beating Kentucky and South Carolina is vital for the Aggies.

As for this week's opponent, Oklahoma sits at #7 in the nation but has the 81st hardest Strength of Schedule. Weak sauce. Their best game is barely beating #28 Army (who may continue moving up the charts as their schedule is 4th toughest and the rest of their games look winnable).

I'm not sure our Texas secondary is going to be able to stop OU's offense enough to win this game, but this week is critical for both Oklahoma and Texas A&M; they need to win for them to be taken seriously. Texas losing to OU won't hurt us very much - as long as we continue winning going forward. Hopefully that plays to our underdog sensibilities and OU feels worried enough at some point to buckle under pressure. #HookEm

http://www.colleyrankings.com/currank.html

This post might be the funniest post I've read in some time, especially given that the aggsy best wins are both losses. Your actual best win is against a team that got mud holed by UNT. Here is what we know about aggy. They are worse than the top two teams in the country and better than Arkansas. That doesn't tell us too much. Looking forward to watching them play teams like Miss st, LSU, Auburn and KY, so that 6-6 record is looking mighty good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT