ADVERTISEMENT

USA Men's Basketball is a joke

That's my point exactly. We didn't field our best roster like the international teams did.
But they weren't available. So we did field what we could. Lebron is old, and older players break down. Anthony Davis has been hurt time and again. Harden is aging. Its time for the youngers to take over.

But they weren't available. So we did field what we could. Lebron is old, and older players break down. Anthony Davis has been hurt time and again. Harden is aging. Its time for the youngers to take over.
I'm simply saying if those guys were healthy and we fielded our 10 best against France's 10 best we win that game by 20+.

I'm with you with one caveat - if these guys were in their prime - we would win by 30. But they are aging. Age brings injuries. Time for the next generation to step up. Unfortunately, the best of the next generation are Slovenian and Greek.

I'm simply saying if those guys were healthy and we fielded our 10 best against France's 10 best we win that game by 20+.
And if my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle. We can do the whataboutism all day but the fact is our best players are older and more prone to injury so they’re unable to perform at their best. It’s going to be up to our younger stars to step up and produce.

No question that Lebron, Davis, Harden and Curry would whip the rest of the world IF they’re healthy and in their prime. The reality is they’re no longer in their prime and need a lot of “load management” just to get through half a regular season.

Reactions: diadevic
And if my Aunt had balls she’d be my Uncle. We can do the whataboutism all day but the fact is our best players are older and more prone to injury so they’re unable to perform at their best. It’s going to be up to our younger stars to step up and produce.

No question that Lebron, Davis, Harden and Curry would whip the rest of the world IF they’re healthy and in their prime. The reality is they’re no longer in their prime and need a lot of “load management” just to get through half a regular season.
Well they won the gold medal so I would say they stepped up and took care of business.

They did what they needed to do to win. But the sheen of "excellence" in men's basketball is gone. The world is catching up to us BUT our skill sets are starting to regress. Dribbling on the perimeter then using your "move" to create space so you can shoot a 25 foot jump shot with someone in your face, isn't a skill set.

Skill sets include--

Ball handling (you see anybody with the handke that Iverson or Magic or Nash had?)
Rebounding-- these kids today would get creamed on the boards by Rodman, Oakley, Ewing, Robinson, Mutombo etc.
Ball movement-- the NBA has switched from a Ball movement league to an iso match ups league.
Free throws-- can't nobody shoot free throws any more but everybody can jack 3s.
Defense-- outside of a handful of players, nobody plays D anymore. It takes too much energy and will effect their point totals on offense.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
damn I hate the off season....we resort to arguing the most inane things.....Hell may as well start with who you pick....Mary Ann or Ginger...
Well when the season starts we'll swap out arguing over this for arguing over whether we go 8-4 or 7-5. So gird ye loins.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT