ADVERTISEMENT

Warren declares for NFL draft

eda5420

Evan Allison
Gold Member
Nov 20, 2017
Aparently CW3 is heading to the NFL. Anybody have thoughts on of this is true or not?

Would've liked to have seen more of him at H back/TE but then again he might've gotten cursed.

good luck to the young man as well as other juniors declaring.Still day we beat USC if we had ran him in overtime instead of QB.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwillfromdatx
I wish him the best of luck. He should have stayed in school. He'll be fortunate to be taken in the 6th, or 7th round. Most likely will be a F/A.

Sounds like he's not getting real good advice.

Wonder if he was advised to go pro, or if no college showed any interest?

Reactions: LonghornMM
He's not getting drafted. Foreman is not starting and Warren is nothing close to Donta. I mean not in the same conversation. His best bet was to stay another year at HBack and then go. RBs in the NFL have to be able to cut in the hole. Holes disappear quickly and Warren never showed any ability to do that.

Somebody hiring him as a RB coach? I mean seriously that’s about as close as he’s getting to the NFL. Should of transferred somewhere for his Sr year if he wanted out.

Recored number of players entered the draft though, so a lot of dudes made the same mistake.

He's not getting drafted. Foreman is not starting and Warren is nothing close to Donta. I mean not in the same conversation. His best bet was to stay another year at HBack and then go. RBs in the NFL have to be able to cut in the hole. Holes disappear quickly and Warren never showed any ability to do that.

Well Donta also got hurt. He played well when given the opportunity.

He'll be a good back for somebody for a couple of years. He's not going to remain healthy with his running style. He's got good bloodlines, though. Somebody will snatch him up in the 4th or 5th round.

He's sort of a tweener like Terry Orr, but he's a good specimen some team
will be able to utilize.

Somebody hiring him as a RB coach? I mean seriously that’s about as close as he’s getting to the NFL. Should of transferred somewhere for his Sr year if he wanted out.

Recored number of players entered the draft though, so a lot of dudes made the same mistake.
You do know his dad played in the pros for the Seahawks. He has experience helping him

every year top backs enter the draft. Few ever make any impact in the League.I wish him well, but I will be surprised if he is drafted. If he is it will be as a tight end.

Whoa!.....what was I thinking? TE's in the NFL are expected to block!

Reactions: horn wild
The only way I could see him getting drafted is if he has a great combine. Even then...MAYBE late 7th round

He’s a FA unless a team, like Chicago, reaches for him and grabs him in 7th round.
I feel that a GM is going to pass on him every time because he has had 1 good game at Texas. He has never played a full year as a RB and is unhappy with a position change. I see him bouncing around for a little while then just kind of fading out. He desperately needed another year at a college that would have started him from day 1. He should have transferred. I hope I’m wrong though.

Reactions: tx14cubrun
Well Donta also got hurt. He played well when given the opportunity.
I did say they aren't even in the same conversation. RBs that can't cut and don't have speed don't play in the NFL. Looking good against the Tech D of 2 years ago is going to impress no one.

Reactions: tx14cubrun
I did say they aren't even in the same conversation. RBs that can't cut and don't have speed don't play in the NFL. Looking good against the Tech D of 2 years ago is going to impress no one.

You said Donta isnt starting. Having season ending injuries sure dont help with that. Donta will be fine.

Warren hasnt proven anything however.

D'Onta had a nice year in Houston until he got hurt. Had a very nice ypc avg and I saw a stat that he led all RBs in yds after contact.

While I wish Warren the best. He is not Foreman. He might not even be an RB in the NFL....if he makes it.

That being said, our staff did not use him and it did the whole team a disservice.

Reactions: oldhorn2
D'Onta had a nice year in Houston until he got hurt. Had a very nice ypc avg and I saw a stat that he led all RBs in yds after contact.

While I wish Warren the best. He is not Foreman. He might not even be an RB in the NFL....if he makes it.

That being said, our staff did not use him and it did the whole team a disservice.

Good to see you posting, jsto. Where have you been, my friend?

Reactions: oldhorn2
Warren is one of the six longhorns to be invited to the NFL combine
I can see that. His father made substantial contributions as a player during his tenure and it's always good business to treat the legacy kids with the same respect you'd treat daddy with. As far as what he can do at the next level? He does have Derrick henry's size, but not his explosiveness. Maybe he gets picked up super late as a short yardage back, maybe he gets made into an H back. I guess we will see how he does at the combine.

I can see that. His father made substantial contributions as a player during his tenure and it's always good business to treat the legacy kids with the same respect you'd treat daddy with. As far as what he can do at the next level? He does have Derrick henry's size, but not his explosiveness. Maybe he gets picked up super late as a short yardage back, maybe he gets made into an H back. I guess we will see how he does at the combine.

Wait..... puna didn't get invited? Seriously?

Wow....

I wish him well, but I dont see Warren making it as an NFL RB.He runs too straight up to be effective in that league. He does catch pretty well so that might get him some looks. As I said, I wish him well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT