ADVERTISEMENT

We gotta love OU's air raid offense!

Longhorn Crazy

Jan 8, 2003
The gooners are never going to have a running game and will always struggle in the red zone with the gimmicky air raid crap. The real bonus is that AR teams never have a defense.

We are in great shape to stomp the gooners for many years with their wussy football!!!

The gooners are never going to have a running game and will always struggle in the red zone with the gimmicky air raid crap. The real bonus is that AR teams never have a defense.

We are in great shape to stomp the gooners for many years with their wussy football!!!
LC how many times was OU in the red zone Saturday?

My point being when they got there they produced points. Mayfield hit Westbrook right in the hands in the middle of the end zone. Right through his hands. Not Mayfields fault. Give Mayfied a little time and he can throw the ball fairly well. The scheme, most notably the OL needs help though, badly.

My point being when they got there they produced points. Mayfield hit Westbrook right in the hands in the middle of the end zone. Right through his hands. Not Mayfields fault. Give Mayfied a little time and he can throw the ball fairly well. The scheme, most notably the OL needs help though, badly.

Dozer, I like you but you are talking in circles.

Dozer, I like you but you are talking in circles.
LC you said the Sooners will struggle in the redzone with the air raid. I was just pointing out that to the best of my knowledge that they put up points everytime they were in the redzone Saturday. Now the point could be made like TexEx made above that OU was not in the redzone much and that would be true. I was also pointing out that they did leave points on the board in one redzone series but it was not Mayfield's fault, he couldn't have thrown it really any better but it went right through Westbrook's hands.

Last edited:
Texas fans should be happy about the Longhorn's victory over Oklahoma, as well as being proud of the steadily improving performance of their team.

But it appears there are as many delusional Longhorn fans as there are delusional Sooner fans.
Hells bells, the lower ranked team won another of the annual OU-Texas rivalry games...... over the years this has only happened at least 50% of the time! Aside from a few lucky-unlucky-breaks at the start of the game neither team did much to brag about in the other 3 quarters of the contest.

Texas fans should be happy about the Longhorn's victory over Oklahoma, as well as being proud of the steadily improving performance of their team.

But it appears there are as many delusional Longhorn fans as there are delusional Sooner fans.
Hells bells, the lower ranked team won another of the annual OU-Texas rivalry games...... over the years this has only happened at least 50% of the time! Aside from a few lucky-unlucky-breaks at the start of the game neither team did much to brag about in the other 3 quarters of the contest.
How do you only have 2 posts since 2007? Just curious, that can't be right?

I bleed burnt orange as much the next guy and I enjoy knowing that the school on the other side of the Red River has to live with the agony of losing this game for the next 366 days.

But it's way to premature to dismiss Oklahoma's season and their air raid offense. People are tired of reading me saying this but we need to wait until Nov 14th when they play Baylor, TCU, and OSU in that order. Then we'll know about their air raid offense.

LC you said the Sooners will struggle in the redzone with the air raid. I was just pointing out that to the best of my knowledge that they put up points everytime they were in the redzone Saturday. Now the point could be made like TexEx made above that OU was not in the redzone much and that would be true. I was also pointing out that they did leave points on the board in one redzone series but it was not Mayfield's fault, he couldn't have thrown it really any better but it went right through Westbrook's hands.

And the TD that was caught should have been broken up. It took way too long to develop (Mayfield took way to long to throw) and Haines should have undercut the route. Terrible defense by Haines on that (and many other) play.

What's your point?

This was the third year in a row that Texas physically dominated OU start to finish. It's become a pattern.

And the TD that was caught should have been broken up. It took way too long to develop (Mayfield took way to long to throw) and Haines should have undercut the route. Terrible defense by Haines on that (and many other) play.

What's your point?
Mayfield waited until he saw an opening. When he first rolled out Flowers was covered. Mayfield threaded the needle and put it right where it had to be. Again, neither of those are on Mayfield. Both were right on the money. The second one went right through the receivers hand. Again the air raid as the OP referred to it as did not stall in the red zone. It may not have reached the redzone as much as I would have liked but it did not struggle or shut down inside the redzone as was implied. There is a difference and I am clearly making that distinction. Sure Haines could have been draped on Flowers but he wasn't. Sure Westbrook could have caught the touchdown pass because he beat the defender, but he didn't. It is what it is but in both of those scenarios the air raid did not struggle to put up points.

And I'm saying the TD pass was poor execution on the DB. That pass should have never been caught. Haines had the advantage of 1) Mayfield being chased 2) running out of endzone real estate and 3) the perfect angle to undercut the route.

Haines failed to take advantage of these factors as he has repeatedly done. He's terrible in coverge.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
And I'm saying the TD pass was poor execution on the DB. That pass should have never been caught. Haines had the advantage of 1) Mayfield being chased 2) running out of endzone real estate and 3) the perfect angle to undercut the route.

Haines failed to take advantage of these factors as he has repeatedly done. He's terrible in coverge.

He's not good enough! Time for the Kraken

Exactly. Haines was in perfect position for a pick six, and still found a way to screw it up. Damn I can't wait for Elliot to put him on the bench.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
How many sacks is that for Mayfield in 2 games against Texas? Like 20?

He holds the ball way too long.

How many sacks is that for Mayfield in 2 games against Texas? Like 20?

He holds the ball way too long.

Next year our defense is literally going to make her cry. When she is gone, Heard will be a Junior and the gooners will be throwing out a new spare. We are going on a run from hell!!!

How do you only have 2 posts since 2007? Just curious, that can't be right?

Beats me! All I know is rivals started me out this fall with zero posts..... and they evidently don't add my posts from other rivals boards, (Sooners, national CFB soundoff, etc.).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT