ADVERTISEMENT

Wednesday Night Bear Alexander Update....

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001

Boy, where do I even start?

I suppose I'll start here... I'm not sure that the next couple of weeks are as cut and dry as Alexander's tweet today would suggest.

Here's what I think happened...

a. The cat got let out of the bag too early. There seems to be a lot of assistant cooks in the kitchen and maybe some of them simply talked more about the meal they were making than needed to be the case.

b. We're still hearing from people with connections to Alexander that he will enter the Portal and that he has a very strong interest in the Longhorns. In fact, I saw screenshots of comments/written language that certainly suggested that plans to enter the transfer Portal are/have been in play.

I am not climbing on any limbs with any of this, but I'll tell you what I've heard and let you know that...

Sesame Street Idk GIF

c. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a little bit of a Trey Moore situation in that some visits took place after his announcement of going into the Portal, even though it always felt like he would end up at Texas. The way things unfolded in the last 24 hours, there might need to be some steps taken to give the appearance of a recruitment than wasn't decided before the guy even entered the Portal. Loose lips can sink ships and now there might be a process that has to unfold because of it.

d. I was told by one person earlier this morning that there's an expectation of a Big 10 school potentially being the primary competition for Alexander. Texas isn't going to do anything out of the norm to get Alexander to Texas, IF he enters the Portal and I believe that is understood in Alexander's camp.

e. One person connected to Alexander was emphatic this afternoon that eventually he would end up at Texas. There seems to be some want-to there.

We'll see. At the end of the day, the Portal doesn't open until the 15th and Alexander is still involved in USC team activities, which made the last 24 hours a little uncomfortable to say the least. Now we wait to see if things change once the Portal opens.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News