ADVERTISEMENT

Well I just got some great news regarding next football season.

Texas2Big

STFU Donny!
Gold Member
Oct 8, 2005
Austin
Dear diary...

My friend who works for the team and who has sold me one of his season tickets since 2005 retired this year and I thought that last year would be the last year I could take advantage of his employee allotment. That really hurt because not only did I get tickets for face value they were in the SEZ last year which was even better than the seats I had in the NEZ.

I was planning on trying to get a seat in the nosebleeds on the upper deck since that would be the only ones I could afford but knew the odds of that were slim especially since I didn't feel right about paying $100 to be able to try and get a seat during the season ticket allotment knowing that if I couldn't get a ticket I could afford that would have been $100 wasted. The thought of walking up those ramps and baking in the hot sun was also something that at 70 I had a little trepidation about doing as well.

So here I was trying to wrap my head around not actually going to games this year for the first time in 18 years when I get a text from my friend saying that he was going to continue getting his allotment and wanting to know if I still wanted to buy one. Not only that but if I wanted I could get two. So now I have two season tickets in the SEZ. I am not quite sure what I am going to do with the second ticket yet. I have a friend I am going to offer it to but it is iffy if he will want the whole season so I may try just selling it each game and hoping I at least break even on it. We will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News