ADVERTISEMENT

What type of vehicle or vehicles do you drive?

Drtxhorn

Feb 13, 2016
New Braunfels
I know it’s dead in here until the Super Bowl. Just tossing this out there for fun and curiosity.

2017 F150 King Ranch

My all time favorite truck. I plan to drive it until it falls apart.

Reactions: freeper and echeese
2018 Honda Accord Touring edition. I love it. Got turbo charge, nice pick up.
My all time favorite was when I was a single dude was a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71. First series with the suicide back doors. Loved that truck. Sad day when I traded it in for a Honda Odyssey minivan for the family. 😢
Next vehicle when I hit retirement will be another truck.

My all time favorite was when I was a single dude was a 2000 Chevy Silverado Z71. First series with the suicide back doors. Loved that truck. Sad day when I traded it in for a Honda Odyssey minivan for the family. 😢
Z71 were so slick back in the day

2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman…..it will pull your trucks thru a key hole! JP! It’s been good so far. My first truck was a Big 10 Chevy with a 454 engine. Miracle I lived thru that one.

2019 Ram 2500 Tradesman…..it will pull your trucks thru a key hole! JP! It’s been good so far. My first truck was a Big 10 Chevy with a 454 engine. Miracle I lived thru that one.
454 engines were so powerful. Problem was the gas mileage. Growing up we had a Ford LTD with a 460 V8. At times it seemed like the speedometer and gas gauge were both moving at the same speed.

For sure! Back in the day we would put $5 worth of gas in the truck.(maybe last a day or two) We never filled up…not sure of the reasoning behind that. Maybe because we were always broke.

Reactions: westx and Drtxhorn
Wife wanted to downsize to a crossover so we hocked the aging 2012 tahoe z71 and got a '24 trailblazer rs. Super cheap and too compact for my taste but she loves it so....yup.

I still have a lifted 08 2500 dirty max for fishing trips down PINS. Even though it only has around 145k miles, it's just about time to put her to the pasture and buy a smaller 4x4. Looking at Colorado, tacoma, frontier size small yet capable trucks.

I pretty much only drive my work truck since I don't have to pay for diesel. It's a 22 f350 dually. Rides stiffer than an I-beam on wagon wheels but definitely excells in the power department.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Just bought (last night, no shit) a Toyota Highlander. Sis and Bro both own them, really like it. XLE so lots of options.

Had a Nissan Murano for 8 years, great car but the tranny was gonzo so couldn't get to 200,000

Looked at trucks as well.

Wife wanted to downsize to a crossover so we hocked the aging 2012 tahoe z71 and got a '24 trailblazer rs. Super cheap and too compact for my taste but she loves it so....yup.

I still have a lifted 08 2500 dirty max for fishing trips down PINS. Even though it only has around 145k miles, it's just about time to put her to the pasture and buy a smaller 4x4. Looking at Colorado, tacoma, frontier size small yet capable trucks.

I pretty much only drive my work truck since I don't have to pay for diesel. It's a 22 f350 dually. Rides stiffer than an I-beam on wagon wheels but definitely excells in the power department.
F350 dually is a monster

Tacoma is a nice ride and incredibly reliable. My brother’s Tac has over 300k miles and still runs sweet

F350 dually is a monster

Tacoma is a nice ride and incredibly reliable. My brother’s Tac has over 300k miles and still runs sweet
I do like the tacos but good lawd Toyota is trying their best to lose customers. They've intentionally squeezed production to keep prices high and now all the bells and whistles are subscription based.

Before we bought the trailblazer, wife test drove a rav4. We sat down to run some numbers and then found out that after 6 months the heated seats & remote start would cost $10 each per month or would be shut off like the satellite radio. Nope, thanks for the ride. Stupid business model.

I do like the tacos but good lawd Toyota is trying their best to lose customers. They've intentionally squeezed production to keep prices high and now all the bells and whistles are subscription based.

Before we bought the trailblazer, wife test drove a rav4. We sat down to run some numbers and then found out that after 6 months the heated seats & remote start would cost $10 each per month or would be shut off like the satellite radio. Nope, thanks for the ride. Stupid business model.
That's fvcking bullsh!t. Now wait a few years. Your car will have a sensor in it that will not allow you to speed. Ever.

That's fvcking bullsh!t. Now wait a few years. Your car will have a sensor in it that will not allow you to speed. Ever.
Got to protect you from yourself. The greater good blah, blah, blah….

2020 F150 4x4 Lariat
Wife has a 2023 Ford Bronco
Also have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler (spare)
Recently bought my youngest son a 2012 Nissan Titan. That thing is a rocket.

Only thing I don’t like about the Tacomas is the loss of power from what I’m driving now.

Got to protect you from yourself. The greater good blah, blah, blah….

2020 F150 4x4 Lariat
Wife has a 2023 Ford Bronco
Also have a 2018 Jeep Wrangler (spare)
Recently bought my youngest son a 2012 Nissan Titan. That thing is a rocket.

Only thing I don’t like about the Tacomas is the loss of power from what I’m driving now.
The new Broncos have been a huge hit for Ford. Especially the larger 4X4 models. Sales are off the chain for them.

So far it’s been a hit. Wife loves it and I got to keep the Jeep as a toy. I’d classify it as a REALLY nice Jeep. Ours has the Wildtrak package with some upgrades to the interior.

I had a 1992 Silverado Z71. Man I loved that truck. Then one day, there I was, minding my own business, fat, dumb and happy, tooling down Interstate 80, jamming to some Haggard and Moe Bandy and (((bang!!!))). Alternator exploded under the hood like a grenade. Smoke started pouring out, I pulled off at the next exit. Fire under the hood. Cost me $1500 to repair, back in 1998. That rig had about 90k miles on it when that happened. Truck was never right again, and man my wife hated that truck....traded it in on a '99 Ford Explorer. Hell I still have that vehicle....it just keeps going....

2001 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Diesel
2020 BMW X5 Diesel
2022 Tesla Y

So, am I a Liberal or Conservative ?

Last edited:
My wife, both daughters and I own a total of four Toyota RAV 4’s.
We love them all, but each for different reasons. We all need safe and reliable transportation. After that, my wife wants a bit more luxury, my older daughter likes to hike and bike in the mountains and needs off road capability, my younger daughter lives in Fargo and needs to get through the snow and slush, and Dad (that’s me) just wants the cheapest damned thing he can find to haul his fat ass to work to pay for all of this shit!
We ought to be in a dang commercial!

My wife, both daughters and I own a total of four Toyota RAV 4’s.
We love them all, but each for different reasons. We all need safe and reliable transportation. After that, my wife wants a bit more luxury, my older daughter likes to hike and bike in the mountains and needs off road capability, my younger daughter lives in Fargo and needs to get through the snow and slush, and Dad (that’s me) just wants the cheapest damned thing he can find to haul his fat ass to work to pay for all of this shit!
We ought to be in a dang commercial!
I just sent a copy of this post over to the San Antonio division marketing director for Toyota. Don't ask me how I know this person.

My work car is a Highlander, the most basic version you can get with a 6 in it. 2012 Odyssey, 1998 4Runner, restored 1977 K5. My 4Runner is at 225k and running strong as a daily driver. Son drives a HRV to high school and soccer practice. I hate car payments so I don’t have any.

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 5.7ltr Hemi. Just under 40k miles on the odometer. (Work from home, so don’t drive much).

Owned a ‘99 Jeep GC (V8/4x4) for 20yrs. Shortly after the warranty expired, so did my drivers side power window and both back windows. Twice. Head gasket blew in Tucumcary, NM on the way to Denver for an interview. Cost $8000 to replace the engine (had no choice 1,100 miles from home). 5yrs old and just out of warranty.

Favorite car - cherry red ’86 Z-28. Owned three years… stolen 3 times (Houston).

2010 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 5.7ltr Hemi. Just under 40k miles on the odometer. (Work from home, so don’t drive much).

Owned a ‘99 Jeep GC (V8/4x4) for 20yrs. Shortly after the warranty expired, so did my drivers side power window and both back windows. Twice. Head gasket blew in Tucumcary, NM on the way to Denver for an interview. Cost $8000 to replace the engine (had no choice 1,100 miles from home). 5yrs old and just out of warranty.

Favorite car - cherry red ’86 Z-28. Owned three years… stolen 3 times (Houston).
Stolen three times! Damn!

That sucks

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT