ADVERTISEMENT

What's the latest on Major and Clarington?

Regardless of what he did or didn't do, taking a test after being out of school for a while is a bad idea.

why is taking the test after so long out of school a bad thing?...wishful thinking on your part?

Reactions: Scholz
I hope this means De La Torre will be used in a Swaim type role now.

IMO he's the best blocker out of Beck, Mcneal, and Whiteley. Really the only pass catching WR we have on campus is McNeal (until Clarington gets on campus).

Anwar Richardson is saying technically he can enroll he just can't play football for a semester. It will be interesting what Clarington decides to do.

I think the best route to take is prep school for a semester and get the necessary ACT score. Honestly, in the long run this may be the best route for Clarington. I think for sure he would have played this year but I don't think he would have been a huge contributor quite yet. Prep school might be the best route like Holliman took at Louisville.
The "bomb" has held court

If he passes I imagine they will redshirt him this year, and he can start getting ready to play as a RS FR come Spring right?

Scout saying TE Devonaire Clarington will re-take the ACT today.

He should have his results in 24 to 36 hours.

Supposedly he can enroll at UT for the fall semester up until September 11th (next Friday).
HOPE HE PASSES!

It's probably too late for him to play this season (assuming he passes) but you never know. Doesn't matter though, we need that guy in our program. Next year will be just fine.

is the score on a sliding scale based on his GPA meaning if he has a 2.5 GPA he would only need say a 15 or 16 to qualify? I have no idea just curious if there is an exact score he needs.

is the score on a sliding scale based on his GPA meaning if he has a 2.5 GPA he would only need say a 15 or 16 to qualify? I have no idea just curious if there is an exact score he needs.
Each subtest average score is a 20.
http://www.actstudent.org/scores/norms1.html

A 2.5 GPA corresponds to a 68 sum qualifying score.

Division I uses a sliding scale to match SAT/ACT scores and core-course grade-point averages to determine eligibility. The sliding scale balances your test score with your GPA. If you have a low test score, you need a higher GPA to be eligible. If you have a low GPA, you need a higher test score to be eligible.

An ACT sum score is calculated by adding English, math, reading and science subscores. You may take the SAT or ACT an unlimited number of times before you enroll full-time in college. If you take either test more than once, the best sub score from different tests are used to meet initial eligibility requirements.
http://www.ncaa.org/student-athletes/future/test-scores

Best of luck, Devo!

Hook 'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT