ADVERTISEMENT

What's your 4th of July plans?

It is so freaking dry around my house, I’m hoping none of my numbskull neighbors decide to do their own fireworks this year. It’s just too dangerously dry. I’ll probably take my kids to Landa Park golf course in New Braunfels for the fireworks.

JihjNB7.jpg

Reactions: Belldozer1
It is so freaking dry around my house, I’m hoping none of my numbskull neighbors decide to do their own fireworks this year. It’s just too dangerously dry. I’ll probably take my kids to Landa Park golf course in New Braunfels for the fireworks.

It's best to burn the perimeter of the area where you will be shooting off the crackas. What could go wrong?

Floating, or walking the river? Haven't kept up on water levels, but how are the rivers looking?
He's floating the Comal because he like it, as do I. And good thing because the Guadalupe is virtually a stream. They're not releasing much from Canyon Lake.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
It's best to burn the perimeter of the area where you will be shooting off the crackas. What could go wrong?
Ha, define the parameters of the perimeter. I have a feeling the desired perimeter would expand exponentially, involuntarily, very quickly

Mine will be involving water. Probably head to Canyon Lake and let my tits hang out.
I'll be heading out 306 toward canyon lake to set off some serious fire works. We found this place that's next door to a piece of land that has a huge catch tank full of water and a couple of guard dogs inside. It's on.

Floating, or walking the river? Haven't kept up on water levels, but how are the rivers looking?

I rarely float the Guadalupe anymore. It seems that the majority of the time it is low. When I do float it, I like to get a raft. I don't like going down the Guadalupe in a tube - it takes too long. You have much more control over where you go with a raft and you can paddle around people, etc. Since I stay at a condo on the Comal, it is convenient to put in right in front of the condo, float and walk back to where I'm staying.

Yeah I guess I missed out. I always tubed the Guadalupe. Of course you couldn't just do that whenever you want. Damn sure couldn't go during a drought. It was fun though, except the time it started raining halfway down the river and never let up. Never thought you could freeze your ass off in the middle of summer. Lol

Last edited:
Yeah I guess I missed out. I always tubed the Guadalupe. Of course you couldn't just do that whenever you want. Damn sure couldn't go during a drought. It was fun though, except the time it started raining halfway down the river and never let up. Never thought you freeze your ass off in the middle of summer. Lol

Been there, done in a torrential downpour on the Guadalupe, lol. That's where having a raft came in handy. We all paddled our asses off and got off of the river as soon as we could.

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Lol. Oh not our dumbasses. We had to stay off the tubes as much as possible and stay in the water for warmth. Of course, I usually checked the forecast before going, but this just happened to be the time i let a hot Italian chic with a great rack cause me to commit to a plan I hadn't made.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Lol. Oh not our dumbasses. We had to stay off the tubes as much as possible and stay in the water for warmth. Of course, I usually checked the forecast before going, but this just happened to be the time i let a hot Italian chic with a great rack cause me to commit to a plan I hadn't made.
Rule number 1 of this forum.....

Pics or it never happened!

Reactions: oldhorn2
Happy 4th of July from out here in the Sacramento Valley. Me and the Mrs are going to play some Americana with our breakfast songs like City of New Orleans, Pete Seeger, and others. We were thinking of going to the Monterey Bay Aquarium but tickets are $50 each!!! Ouch The entire Bay Area, not just SF, is waaaaayyyy over priced. If you want to get an idea at what SF is like now watch the HBO documentary SF 2.0.

Hel* we can use our senior discounts at the movies and do that for the price of one ticket. So what are the summer blockbusters?

Bell....they are calling for a 95% chance of heavy rain in the SA area which if it occurred would put a damper on the fireworks.

In other words, no rain and every dumbass in Comal County will be on a mission to shoot every fire work their drug addled minds could gather up.....Doom!

Bell....they are calling for a 95% chance of heavy rain in the SA area which if it occurred would put a damper on the fireworks.

In other words, no rain and every dumbass in Comal County will be on a mission to shoot every fire work their drug addled minds could gather up.....Doom!
Hey, I'm not drug addled.......

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Funny how big dogs are scared to death of fireworks, but little idiots like Jack Russell terriers think it's time to play fetch.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn

I will say that I was on Canyon Lake today when that storm rolled in and I guarantee there were 3' swells. The roughest day on Canyon that I can recall. My kids thought our boat was going down lol.

I will say that I was on Canyon Lake today when that storm rolled in and I guarantee there were 3' swells. The roughest day on Canyon that I can recall. My kids thought our boat was going down lol.
That's what you get for taking a pontoon boat with a 5 hp outboard......

^^^At least you blocked that guy's license plate out after taking a pic of his boat. Good on you.

Bell ----- "I live in a double wide but I own a $45,000 boat...and a mercedes..."........

Priorities my friend. You have to admit that a Mercedes ALWAYS looks nice in front of a doublewide. I’m THAT guy.
My sister used to say that there were 2 types of people: the ones with houses nicer than cars and the ones with cars nicer than houses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT