ADVERTISEMENT

When you have no hope why bother

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
thinking you can win. A senior kicker who can't kick, a senior receiver who has dropped the ball every year he's been here, a senior db who gets beat twice for a td, and a couple of seniors in the ol who are mediocre, another upperclassmen who snaps the ball over the punters head and then can't hold on to a recovered fumble when we desperately needed a break. In other words our seniors let us down today big time. With all thse freshman playing we need these guys to step up this year. And today they failed. The fact that our current coaching staff has had two years to coach them says it all.

We are young but you can't make that excuse every game it doesn't apply to today's game. We have the worst kicking game in team history. We better make sure we sign two kickers this February.

And now comes the RRR. And the other teams tshirt fans to taunt.

thinking you can win. A senior kicker who can't kick, a senior receiver who has dropped the ball every year he's been here, a senior db who gets beat twice for a td, and a couple of seniors in the ol who are mediocre, another upperclassmen who snaps the ball over the punters head and then can't hold on to a recovered fumble when we desperately needed a break. In other words our seniors let us down today big time. With all thse freshman playing we need these guys to step up this year. And today they failed. The fact that our current coaching staff has had two years to coach them says it all.

We are young but you can't make that excuse every game it doesn't apply to today's game. We have the worst kicking game in team history. We better make sure we sign two kickers this February.

And now comes the RRR. And the other teams tshirt fans to taunt.

Outthereincali, well I know it has been a tough day for you guys. You told us WV was going to kick our ass today. Lets see how you do in next weeks game.
I know this game will be totally different than the egg you guys laid this week.

A hell of a lot of teams have young teams. You guys have beat that horse for two years.

It will be a fun time in Dallas for the winner.

Sooners by 17 and yes America knows that Texas truly Sux.

Outthereincali, well I know it has been a tough day for you guys. You told us WV was going to kick our ass today. Lets see how you do in next weeks game.
I know this game will be totally different than the egg you guys laid this week.

A hell of a lot of teams have young teams. You guys have beat that horse for two years.

OU is a shithole, We have the city of Austin to enjoy. Not banging our relatives.

You have to feel for Nick Rose seriously. His kicking woes will haunt him his entire life, unfortunately.

They need to make sure someone stays with Rose tonight. Kids these days can be capable of doing some irrational stuff.

Definitely not wanting to sound like I'm rubbing it in, but your kicking game is the least of your worries. It probably had the least to do with your outcome today.

Excuse me I never said WV would beat OK. I said that OK posters on this board should be more worried about WV than us. I told Micco that WV should be a competitive game but that's all I said dunce. I didn't post a prediction but I told my brother that I was picking OK because it was in Norman. Congrats OK played well and beat a ranked team. And nobody puts words in my mouth.

Definitely not wanting to sound like I'm rubbing it in, but your kicking game is the least of your worries. It probably had the least to do with your outcome today.

Of course its not I know that. I'm used to UT always having a great kicking game and we are mediocre this year. The worst thing about this game is we lost our composure not even 5 minutes into the game. And I saw it coming as soon as DJ fumbled. That's why I'm steering to lose hope. I'm expecting the worst this Saturday.

Bottomline you have to wonder how much longer Strong will get hes starting to run out of reasons....and outtherencali did not say OU would get beat but referenced OU fans should be worrying about WV...which most of us OU fans agreed it be a tough game and as far as that same convo i think hed have to agree now like most of us said that UT offense is no where near on par with TT offense

Reactions: JoeyFreshwater
Of course its not I know that. I'm used to UT always having a great kicking game and we are mediocre this year. The worst thing about this game is we lost our composure not even 5 minutes into the game. And I saw it coming as soon as DJ fumbled. That's why I'm steering to lose hope. I'm expecting the worst this Saturday.
Cali, I wish our kicking game was mediocre. Mediocre would be an improvement.

We snap a ball over our punters head and THEN on the safety kick off at the 20 we kick it out of bounds.

Then when we do snap it properly, the punter shanks it for about 18 yards.

Then we miss two field goals.

We aren't mediocre, we are flat out terrible.

Consider that without the Trail of Tears Oklahoma might never ever have been developed. But now in Oklahoma the non native Indian population does have a growing and highly productive Meth problem, so at least they got that going for them...

Reactions: RealBear

We snap a ball over our punters head and THEN on the safety kick off at the 20 we kick it out of bounds.

You're right I was just trying to be kind. I've been following Longhorn fb for 50 years now and this is by far the worst special teams unit I've ever seen.

Excuse me I never said WV would beat OK. I said that OK posters on this board should be more worried about WV than us. I told Micco that WV should be a competitive game but that's all I said dunce. I didn't post a prediction but I told my brother that I was picking OK because it was in Norman. Congrats OK played well and beat a ranked team. And nobody puts words in my mouth.

OUincali, My bad but I thought you did. You did write an epistle on how bad we are. Anyway the RRR will be a cat fight no matter who is favored.

I always wprry about Texas but yo guys are doing your best to make everyone over confident.

OU can name the score whenever they want to. Another RRR beat down :(

Micco, you are absolutely the last sooner poster to rub it in when TX loses. Like I said before the absolute worse thing was watching my team lose its composure. And I could see it coming.

Well now that conference play has started I see the OK schools, Baylor, and TCU as the top 4 teams and I believe all four teams will play each other in November.

You know losing to TCU reminds of OK/Baylor. For a long time UT terrorized TCU. At the time TCU joined the Big XII we were 28-1against them and the games were never close. But they've beaten us three out of the last four the way we used to beat them. The OK/Baylor rivalry has been the same way.

And speaking of Baylor they beat TT easily like they were expected to. But once again the Baylor defense was average at best. Their weakness has always been their secondary and this year is no different. Baylor makes a big deal out of Shawn Oakman but the kid has no game, keep this in mind whenever you see Baylor play this year.

Last edited:
Consider that without the Trail of Tears Oklahoma might never ever have been developed. But now in Oklahoma the non native Indian population does have a growing and highly productive Meth problem, so at least they got that going for them...

lolol well id actually think a starting CB retweeting about transferring to Aggy...at halftime while being blownout sounds a bit more close to Meth usage

OUincali, My bad but I thought you did. You did write an epistle on how bad we are. Anyway the RRR will be a cat fight no matter who is favored.

I always wprry about Texas but yo guys are doing your best to make everyone over confident.

And I never wrote an epistle about how bad OK would be this year either. I talked about question marks. And today those question marks I posted about their offense have been answered in OK's favor. And I also posted about their players who could play for anyone and what their strengths were, wnd and that they brought in a good recruiting class. Obviously you weren't reading closely. Also I never talked about Mixon and Shannon. I never cause threads to be locked.

Ok, you don't like the word epistle
And I never wrote an epistle about how bad OK would be this year either. I talked about question marks. And today those question marks I posted about their offense have been answered in OK's favor. And I also posted about their players who could play for anyone and what their strengths were, wnd and that they brought in a good recruiting class. Obviously you weren't reading closely. Also I never talked about Mixon and Shannon. I never cause threads to be locked.

Ok, You don't like the word epistle. But I did read closely. You trashed us in a nice way. LMAO

Seriouls

We aren't mediocre, we are flat out terrible.[/QUOTEs

Seriously, you are worried about the Kicking game??????? Yes, the last two games came down to special teams, but the losses this season also more importantly came down to offense and defense issues. Blown out by ND and blown out by TCU. I can accept the special team issues for OSU and Cal, but to see this offense and defense get blown up like this, I cannot accept.

Ok, you don't like the word epistle

Ok, You don't like the word epistle. But I did read closely. You trashed us in a nice way. LMAO

And I didn't trash your time in a nice way either. I was trying to write a balanced piece if you didnt understand that it's your problem.

I know you know that Oklahoma hates your guts!

You horns better be getting behind your coach and players or they're going to cut your heart out and feed it to their pet wolves.

in the long term you have some significant problems that must be fixed but in the short term you better be getting ready for Oklahoma so that you don't embarrass the state of Texas!

You have to play with what you have and fight with all your heart and soul and you might be able to keep this game close or even win it.

Or you can stay home, mope around with your old lady, lay on the couch and drink bad beer, go deer hunting, and the horns are going to get beat 85 to nothing!

Fans Do play an important part and if you choose not to support the kids Don't be coming back here crying and spewing venom next Sunday morning after you get your butt kicked!

You horns better be getting behind your coach and players or they're going to cut your heart out and feed it to their pet wolves.

in the long term you have some significant problems that must be fixed but in the short term you better be getting ready for Oklahoma so that you don't embarrass the state of Texas!

You have to play with what you have and fight with all your heart and soul and you might be able to keep this game close or even win it.

Or you can stay home, mope around with your old lady, lay on the couch and drink bad beer, go deer hunting, and the horns are going to get beat 85 to nothing!

Fans Do play an important part and if you choose not to support the kids Don't be coming back here crying and spewing venom next Sunday morning after you get your butt kicked!
Words of wisdom from a variable flash in the pan program's fan.

Realbear, with all due respect, you're no Yoda. You preaching to us about what it takes to have a winning program is equivalent to me giving you a guided tour of waco.

When the worst OU team in my memory with the worst coach in OU's history and winless went into Dallas in '96 and beat a UT team that won the Big 12, I will never assume OU will win this game. Never.

Reactions: JoeyFreshwater

Real Bear,win a bowl game before you offer your opinions on this board..Are you the team that built a monument in your old stadium when you beat Texas ?

RealBear I'm one of the horns, one of the few horns, who respects your opinions. That said you have to remember that this is another teams board. You have to know when to pick your spots. Right now a lot of UT fans are feeling raw and you know that. What you wrote is inappropriate and the wrong time to say it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT