ADVERTISEMENT

Where to eat after a Longhorn victory?

Austin BBQ has become too fufu for me. Plus, you can go to Eddie V's and eat for the same price these days. Ppl have taken trash cuts of meat and made them so damn expensive you can barely enjoy them anymore....... and Austin started that sh!t.

Honestly--- and you're going to laugh at me-- but go to Matt's El Rancho after the game.

The talent there.......

Although I agree with Clob on the fufu part. Stileswitch isnt as fufu and they make some damn good beef ribs. It's been awhile since I've eaten in proper Austin. Perla's is always good. It's September so the oysters should be good but the food in general is good.

I didn't go last time to it, but how is Donn's bbq in East Austin. We decided to go to Terry Black's bc, well, we could experience it. It was good, but my wallet took a hit.

Agree Matt's El Rancho. Good and had a purty and entertaining waitress

Reactions: Hookedonit
I didn't go last time to it, but how is Donn's bbq in East Austin. We decided to go to Terry Black's bc, well, we could experience it. It was good, but my wallet took a hit.

Blacks new braunfels location was such a disappointment for us. WAY overpriced and personally.....everything tastes bland. Their "world famous dino rib" is a $50 sopping wet hunk of fat on a bone. I ended up giving it to my dog. The original in Lockhart used to be pretty good but it's been years since last visit.

Call me out but I'd honestly recommend Bill Miller's over Black's so that should tell ya something.

My wife loves sushi so the last couple times we braved Austin, we stop in Uchi on S Lamar. The crowd varies from intimate date night to college kids hotspot and I have no idea what triggers the change.

Last edited:

Matt's was my folk's go to back in the 70s. Before really good Tex Mex was available nearly anywhere.

Blacks new braunfels location was such a disappointment for us. WAY overpriced and personally.....everything tastes bland. Their "world famous dino rib" is a $50 sopping wet hunk of fat on a bone. I ended up giving it to my dog. The original in Lockhart used to be pretty good but it's been years since last visit.

Call me out but I'd honestly recommend Bill Miller's over Black's so that should tell ya something.

My wife loves sushi so the last couple times we braved Austin, we stop in Uchi on S Lamar. The crowd varies from intimate date night to college kids hotspot and I have no idea what triggers the change.
For UCHI they have a Happy Hour which is a lot cheaper for college kids. We have one in Houston that I like going to.

I should say it's more affordable but not college kids with no money. My kid couldn't eat there when she was going to school. Baloney and tunafish sandwiches.
That sounds more like the real world.
Considering their Chefs choice dinner was $100, I wouldn't have been able to eat there until my late 20s. Ha!

If texas beats OU?

I'd consider eating a gun like cops do sometimes. But nah.

Probably a bowl of cereal in that situation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT