ADVERTISEMENT

Which one of you...

MiccoMacey

Sep 21, 2002
no-good, mouth-breathing, six-toed, window-licking, Charlie-Strong lovin', fans of a 5-7 football team actually believe in your tiny heart of hearts that you'll beat OU this year in football?

Just so I can track you all throughout the year.

Call your shot now!!!!

:)

Can OU win at the shoe? Better question.... They likely go 10-2 at best. Which Big 12 team serves up the L.

I've got Texas losing 4 as of now. USC, OU, TCU and WV.

Reactions: JMGIIIHORN75
Put me down Micco....why wouldnt we beat OU? I am curious to know how you found out I have 6 toes and lick windows?...I do say I take great offense to being called a charlie Strong loving type fan.

Tell you what I'll do since you came barging in here with all that spew....I will make you the same deal I always made Fizzwilley....If OU wins, I will walk out in front of my house and sing the OU fight song. I would have made that offer to Bell but he lives out in the country so far he is 20 minutes from the nearest dirt road....and thats by telephone.

even still...OU sucks.

I would never count out either Texas or OU to beat the other in the RRS. I want to see Texas play a few games first and see what Herman has going before I make my call.
Amen to that. So many upsets over the years. When you least expect it...

I hope the Sooners go into the game talking like Texas doesn't have a chance.

no-good, mouth-breathing, six-toed, window-licking, Charlie-Strong lovin', fans of a 5-7 football team actually believe in your tiny heart of hearts that you'll beat OU this year in football?

Call your shot now!!!!

Hey, two years ago the worst Texas team I've ever seen beat an OK team that went on to win the Big XII and make it to the playoffs. Never say never in this rivalry.

Reactions: MiccoMacey
I was there for that. AND the one in 2013.

It truly is a game where you never know how it will play out. The better team does not always win. The only thing holding this back from being the best rivalry game is the recent history of blowouts. Way too many this millennium. Not that I mind when Texas is on the winning side. Hopefully Riley and Tom can bring their A game each and every year and Texas wins a lot of thrilling 28-31 games.

It's just one of those games where ranking and skill really takes a back seat to the environment, effort and emotion. Just like how a horrible unranked texas team beat up on 10th ranked OU who went to the playoff. Or how texas teams ranked 11th (or 15th) and lose by 30 or 40 points. By the way, I find this interesting and thought I'd share- In almost every OU blowout of texas of the Stoops era....63-14, 65-13, 55-17 texas was ranked 11th. The only other blowout 63-21 tx was ranked 15th. So 11 is your unlucky number!

With that said I looked over all the RRR games of the last 20 years and let me tell you, during the times when the big 12 was on top or about on top, OU and Tx were rockin and the RRR had consistently had two top 10 teams. In fact 7 of the last 17 meetings were between two top 11 teams, four of those 7 pitted two top 5 teams against eachother. 13 of 17 had at least one of the two teams in the top 10. 12 of 17 both teams were ranked including a point in time where both teams were ranked 12 times in 13 consecutive meetings from 2000-2012, when the big 12 had a nice reputation. lets get back to that!

Reactions: westx and oldhorn2
It's just one of those games where ranking and skill really takes a back seat to the environment, effort and emotion. Just like how a horrible unranked texas team beat up on 10th ranked OU who went to the playoff. Or how texas teams ranked 11th (or 15th) and lose by 30 or 40 points. By the way, I find this interesting and thought I'd share- In almost every OU blowout of texas of the Stoops era....63-14, 65-13, 55-17 texas was ranked 11th. The only other blowout 63-21 tx was ranked 15th. So 11 is your unlucky number!

With that said I looked over all the RRR games of the last 20 years and let me tell you, during the times when the big 12 was on top or about on top, OU and Tx were rockin and the RRR had consistently had two top 10 teams. In fact 7 of the last 17 meetings were between two top 11 teams, four of those 7 pitted two top 5 teams against eachother. 13 of 17 had at least one of the two teams in the top 10. 12 of 17 both teams were ranked including a point in time where both teams were ranked 12 times in 13 consecutive meetings from 2000-2012, when the big 12 had a nice reputation. lets get back to that!

Agreed, this has often been a matchup of titans, thanks for running the numbers on that. We need to do our part to make that happen again. There was a time where College Gameday could just pencil the RRR game in before the season began.

Agreed, this has often been a matchup of titans, thanks for running the numbers on that. We need to do our part to make that happen again. There was a time where College Gameday could just pencil the RRR game in before the season began.
It wasn't that long ago but it was too long ago. Words of wisdom, write that down. Ha!

Call your shot now!!!!

Texas wins in October... 130 - 3. ;)

Hey ! Wait a damned minute!....which game are you talking about? The RRS or the conference championship games at the end of the season? Arent we doomed to play twice a year until the Big 12 ceases to exist?....Well...in that case I say we whip ya'lls boney ass twice this year.

oldhorn2 poses an interesting scenario about meeting twice in a season, but how about 3 times in a season?

OU wins RRS and goes 12-0
UT finishes 11-1

And they meet in the championship game where UT prevails and now are both 12-1. Assume a down year for many other conferences and you have the potential for those two teams to collide once again in the playoffs. Is this a good idea?

Reactions: oldhorn2
oldhorn2 poses an interesting scenario about meeting twice in a season, but how about 3 times in a season?

OU wins RRS and goes 12-0
UT finishes 11-1

And they meet in the championship game where UT prevails and now are both 12-1. Assume a down year for many other conferences and you have the potential for those two teams to collide once again in the playoffs. Is this a good idea?

That would be wild though I doubt the committee would let 2 Big12 teams in, considering that everyone is viewing us a weak conference. We would probably just declare co-champions and no one gets in.

That would be wild though I doubt the committee would let 2 Big12 teams in, considering that everyone is viewing us a weak conference. We would probably just declare co-champions and no one gets in.
Under the above scenario, OU will have beaten Ohio State, at Ohio State, and Texas will have beaten USC, at USC. Their bona fides would be above reproach. At 12-1 each, they will have the "best wins" of any CFP contender, PLUS they would each own the "best losses" of any CFP contender.

I still don't think they let both in (probably just the winner of the CCG since they have the nearest win), but it would be an interesting scenario and one that would get some traction if this were two SEC teams.

Reactions: Bwilk55
tOSU,,,Mich...bama...etc all have 2 losses.....you dont think they let both Texas and OU in?....of course they do....this isnt Baylor and TCU we are talking about

....so Micco....which of those three games were you talking about?.....I say we would whip ya'lls land thriving asses all 3 times.

oldhorn2,

For purposes of this discussion only, I'd give you guys the RRS, and we'll take the CCG. And of course the NCG, where in a cruel move Lincoln decides to let Baker throw right handed, something he hasn't done all season in an effort to give other teams a fighting chance. Because of this brilliant tactical move, Mayfield goes 7 of 7, with 560 yards, and 7 TDs. OU wins 56-0 behind only seven offensive plays.

Reactions: oldhorn2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT