ADVERTISEMENT

While everyone was watching elections and playing video games, there was a bball game played.

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
Anyone pay attention to the bball game? Looks like the younger players can shoot. The older ones, well, they need to keep practicing.

Reactions: freeper
Granted it was against EIU, but the young guys look hungry and like team players. It wasn't about feeding it to one person. I was slightly impressed. Lots of full court pressure. Looked more like the VCU teams he used to coach. I'm cautiously optimistic.

recorded it to follow election results. will definitely be watching tonight.
Start of game looked like last years team.....then they started to figure it out. He kept changing combination of players and then you could see the groups that worked well together. Depth is way better and we have some talent for sure. Just no dominant big man in the middle. The kid from Alaska is raw, but could end up being very good.

Reactions: elcapitan009
Start of game looked like last years team.....then they started to figure it out. He kept changing combination of players and then you could see the groups that worked well together. Depth is way better and we have some talent for sure. Just no dominant big man in the middle. The kid from Alaska is raw, but could end up being very good.

watching mo bamba doing so great in the association makes me scared about our ability to utilize a strong post. maybe it will be the opposite effect and we'll play solid small ball

Does Osetkowski still appear to be eating like a f*cking truck driver, or did he finally undergo some actual proper S&C this offseason?

Reactions: diadevic
Does Osetkowski still appear to be eating like a f*cking truck driver, or did he finally undergo some actual proper S&C this offseason?
He looked way better! They said he had worked hard with one of the assistants on "playing with two feet on the floor" meaning he was using head fakes and not getting caught in the air. You could tell he has worked hard. Think they said he dropped either 30 or 40 lbs.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I watched it. It was typical play for the 1st game. A lot of new faces and very little chemistry. I liked what I saw. I absolutely love Coleman-I think he will be the heart of the team at this point. Even more than Roach or Jones. Ever since he missed those free throws that cost Texas a game, he has been spot in including his 3 point accuracy. We have not had a point guard that is a 3 point threat in years. Isaiah Taylor could drive but, was never a shooting threat and opposing defenses had the luxury of not having to cover him. Osetkowski gets a lot of heat, but, i like his game and attitude. Texas will be playing Arkansas here in El Paso on friday, but, it is closed to the public because it is the Armed Forces game on Fort Bliss. Sucks.

Reactions: elcapitan009
Shaka has been a major disappointment. He's had ample time to make the Texas basketball program relevant and hasn't delivered.

The Frank Erwin Center was empty last night for the first game. Take a look at some of the highlights. This team better takeoff or CDC will have to move in quickly.

The Frank Erwin Center was empty last night for the first game. Take a look at some of the highlights. This team better takeoff or CDC will have to move in quickly.

CDC needs to make a change. I think that the only reason that Smart wasn't already fired is because how much money he's still owed. He's been a colossal disappointment and a bad hire. This will probably be his Smart's last year at Texas.

Shaka has been a major disappointment. He's had ample time to make the Texas basketball program relevant and hasn't delivered.
I agree, but, I don't think he should be fired yet. If he has a sub 20 season, I will be concerned and hopeful the end is near. But, otherwise, I am thinking this year and next year to be relevant (sweet 16 or better)

CDC needs to make a change. I think that the only reason that Smart wasn't already fired is because how much money he's still owed. He's been a colossal disappointment and a bad hire. This will probably be his Smart's last year at Texas.

I agree but UT doesn’t treat BB like football so I think he stays another year unless it’s a total collapse.

I'm going to say this now who cares if Kansas is ranked number 1 right now they won't win it all you might as well wrap up the season already and just give the trophy to Duke already idk if they will go undefeated, but there is a darn good chance that they will. That team is insane and in the history of college basketball nobody has ever seen a team like this before.

I watched Duke play. Nobody can beat Duke. The 1989 UNLV rebels could....

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT