ADVERTISEMENT

Will Kamala basically run on a single issue? Abortion

Pho King Master

Inside the Yakk
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2004
Trying to think of other issues she could run on:

Taxes? She's proposed some pretty ridiculous/extreme taxes. Increasing the cap gains and corporate rates. Rolling back the Trump tax cuts, which primarily benefits the middle and lower class with the increased Standard Deduction and Child Tax Credit. She has also proposed imposing a tax on stock/bond trades. She has also suggested a Wealth tax before.

Foreign Policy? I mean, please...2 wars started under their watch, plus the Afghanistan debacle. Meanwhile under Trump, you had peace and the Abraham Accords and a weakened Iran.

Economy? Pretty widely discussed that inflation was out of control during their watch, with food, housing and gas taking a huge hit on the middle and working class.

Southern Border? Even lib media calls it a disaster. They are now trying to cover for her by claiming she was never the border czar. She has called for decriminalization of illegal border crossings, wanting to make it a civil issue.

Tarrifs? Heard reports that she might eliminate the Trump/Biden tariffs. Generally I think tariffs are bad, but rolling them back doesn't seem like a wise move on her part if she's trying to win votes in the rust belt and flyover states.

Energy Policy? She has proposed a federal ban on fracking. Again, not a wise move when you're trying to win votes in the rust belt.

This brings us back to Abortion. This seems like a non issue to me. Following the correct interpretation of the Constitution, barring an amendment, it is a state issue. Trump should repeatedly say he trusts the people to come up with a solution to this, and leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News