ADVERTISEMENT

WTF

oldhorn2

Jan 2, 2013
what is up with OB? I cant see a topic more recent than 2015. Have I timewarped and am now younghorn?

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
boom....and just like that I am back to the future....I dont know what was going on.

Happens to me occasionally. Some sort of filter or sorting function is getting turned on and it's showing the oldest threads first.

There is a little red square towards the top of the page when it happens.

Thanks Bubba...I noticed that and when I clicked on it, that fixed it. I appreciate the sympathy

It's possible you accidentally clicked on "Last message". That's what reverses the sorting.

This sort of thing is WAY too easy in browsers -- especially on phones. As a page is loading, the advertising is changing the way the page formats. (Unless you're blocking the ads.) Then, you click on something, but before it accepts the click / tap, it suddenly renders differently, and you've tapped on the wrong dang thing!

I wonder if advertisers aren't driving that behavior? Usually, you end up tapping on an ad you had no intention of tapping. "Uh, honey, I didn't mean to open this page with the babes in bikinis..."

Very frustrating.

Reactions: oldhorn2
absolutely right HornsruleU....I am all for blaiming technology run amok rather than somthing I might have done wrong.....perish the thought!

Reactions: HornsRuleU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT