ADVERTISEMENT

XFL

PJ Walker is the man!

ok, a little exaggeration. I had both games on while I cleaned the house. Enjoyed them both. I like the interviews during the game, but must be strange to the coaches and players.

Go Houston!

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
I hadn't given the XFL much thought until I saw this thread. I didn't watch the games today and probably won't tomorrow. I was just curious and started poking around their website. I have been a little sick with a cold, so I have been bored at home with some time on my hands and discovered some slightly interesting information. I haven't even heard of some of the HCs.

1. Dallas Renegades. Stoops is HC. Jim Jeffcoat is DL coach and Hal Mumme is OC. Landry Jones QB on roster and our own Jerrod Heard at WR.

2. DC Defenders. Nothing interesting to me. Didn't recognize anybody, neither coaches nor players.,

3. Houston Roughnecks. Not much here other than June Jones is HC

4. LA Wildcats. Pepper Johnson DC and Norm Chow OC. Patrick Vahe at OL and Cedric Reed on the DL

5. NY Guardians. Kevin Gilbride HC.

6. St Louis Battlehawks. Chuck Long OC. Kent Perkins on the OL

7. Seattle Dragons. Jim Zorn HC. Mike Riley OC.

8. Tampa Bay Vipers. Mark Trestman HC. Jerry Glanville DC.

There is only 8 teams and the season is Feb to April. A 10 week regular season with a semi final and then the championship all 1 week apart and no bye weeks.

The 9th team concept is a full team that practices to have players in playing shape and if any of the 8 teams have a roster issue due to injury or whatever, they can go to the team 9 roster. I guess all 8 teams will share one minor league team kind-a-thing.

Reactions: freeper
PJ Walker for Houston is el fuego! Phillips and him are quite the combo.

Roughnecks up 28-18 in the 4th.

Good game today on ABC.
Houston up in 4th. Walker and Phillips already hooked up for 3 tds.

Go Roughnecks!

Good game today on ABC.
Houston up in 4th. Walker and Phillips already hooked up for 3 tds.

Go Roughnecks!
That was a good game. I enjoy the league. I think the AAF proved there is a market for this. The only reason it’s not back for year 2 is they never had the financial backing they said they did.

Houston Roughnecks @ Dallas Renegades today @ 3pm, FS1.
Texas is the only state with 2 XFL franchises in it, so potential little rivalry. Anytime we can beat Bob Stoops is a good thing.

Go Roughnecks!!

Laundry Jones has 3 interceptions........in the 1st quarter!
Roughnecks up 15-0.

Was at the Houston Dallas game, and Dallas had many chances to win, but the sorry ex sooner qb knows how to find the other teams dbs in the first 4 drives of the game. Then he gets hurt in the 4th with 2 minutes left and then stoops doesn't know how to run the ball 4 yards from the goal line to get within 1 and try to win with the extra points.....

Houston playing Seattle right now, down 6-0 after 1st quarter.

Go Roughnecks!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT