ADVERTISEMENT

You Make The Call!

Looks like he tripped over #34's foot and lost his balance. I guess you could call a foul since #34 slid over and didn't have position prior to the horn player driving the lane, but seemed like a good no-call to me.

Both the announcers said foul. But that was just one call. Officiating was so one sided in the 2nd half it was pitiful. If we were settling for jump shots, I get it. But both teams were taking it hard to the hole, only one team got rewarded. 1 FT the entire 2nd half. That was the difference.

Yes, it was a foul. But if Taylor doesn't miss the front end of the 1-and-1 on the previous possession, we could have won. This team fought hard until the bitter end--so did William Travis and the men at the Alamo. We didn't like that outcome either. Until this team figures out how to feed post players in the paint against man-to-man defense and to flash to the high post to initiate offense against the 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone, we are not going to win anything.

Watch the hips of the defender. He's moving laterally, then pulls his hands back to "avoid the foul", but thrusts his hips to use his legs to try and block him.

I dunno what the exact foul rules for basketball, but he clearly pushed his hips forward to try and muck up the other guy's movement.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT