ADVERTISEMENT

You mean this wasn't even a Big XII crew doing yesterday's game?

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I found out this bunch does primarily MWC games. Wth is going on here? Our conference is to cheap to his refs to do only Big XII games? I mean is I've never seen Randy Crystal or Mike Defee do some other conferences games. Thank you Big XII main office.

Inevitably though this bunch will get another UT game this season. If they do I want our team to know at least 24 hours in advance so our team can be taught what is good blocking, roughing the passer, and defensive holding. I guess this bunch thinks our coaches don't know what they're doing. Yeah right.

Wow, that is a revelation, I wanted to leave the conference because I thought we were facing home cooking Big 12 style, but now I realize it's our conference being too damn cheap to hire quality refs to do Big 12 games.

Again I say F_ck the Big 12, I want out.

Wow, that is a revelation, I wanted to leave the conference because I thought we were facing home cooking Big 12 style, but now I realize it's our conference being too damn cheap to hire quality refs to do Big 12 games.

Again I say F_ck the Big 12, I want out.

I know I will be shit on for saying this, but when I found that out and coupled it with the info that this crew has penalized Texas twice as much as any other crew it made me think... Well maybe we're just getting the calls from the Big 12 refs who are told to help the moneymakers.

That said, Saturday's game was atrociously called.

This will be the last time I comment on the officiating the other posters are right is time to move on. That said it would be childish to think that zebra's have it out for certain teams. But I do believe they don't like the way certain teams play. Paul Zimmerman who used to be a pro football writer for SI once wrote a book tited The Crazy World of the NFL. In it he talked about the zebra's. He quoted an ol coach who talked to a zebra before the game and he told him yall block like chicken *****. And then they called at least a half dozen calls on his ol. My point is that Alan Eck and his crew apparently don't like the way we play. I'll bet there's a few Big XII teams that his bunch calls very few penalties on. After the game my Baylor cousin shot me a Gmail said he was sorry about the way the game was called. He then proceeded to tell me that Alan Eck called 16 penalties on Baylor when they played WV last year. He also said that Baylor has had at least a dozen penalties when he's done their games.

See what I mean?

Reactions: elcapitan009
Not sure I buy your premise on this one. Too many calls in different situations. The 1st offensive play of the 2nd half was 50/50. No way you make that call unless you know it's a forward pass and that one was 3 inches one way or another and it was between hash marks. I looked at that one several times in slomo and had no idea. Fumble recovery where we have the ball, was pure BS. He had the ball, control, and was on the ground. Down right there. There were 2 Oline holds and one DLine hold that were pure BS. So the calls that went their way were all over the map.

Now to be fair, we've had our share of good calls. Offensive PI against Kansas that ultimately got us to the Rose Bowl was total crap. One of the worst calls I've seen. The TD against OSU was also really bad and gave us the win.

Personally, I think refs just aren't that good at this level. They are much better at the next. They aren't professionals, just part timers that may or may not have a clue. Hell, I'm amazed week after week how the announcers don't even know the rules. At least the refs know the rules. They just aren't consistent in applying them.

This will be the last time I comment on the officiating the other posters are right is time to move on.

Thank you. Let's all move on. Continuing to dwell and whine about the officiating in last week's game isn't going to change the outcome. Texas has got to somehow find a way to win close games regardless of the refs.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Randy Christal was calling Southland Conference games, mainly SFA his last few seasons up to his retirement. Also saw him calling games in some pro games as well. Can't remember the name of the league but it was one of those short lived American Pro leagues.

Randy Christal was calling Southland Conference games, mainly SFA his last few seasons up to his retirement. Also saw him calling games in some pro games as well. Can't remember the name of the league but it was one of those short lived American Pro leagues.

RC has retired? He was doing games as recently as last year. I always liked him. A few years ago he made a call in a game that was classic. "False start everyone but the center" Unforgettable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT