ADVERTISEMENT

A MESSAGE FOR ALL POSTERS. PLEASE READ ...

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:
Originally posted by californiahorn 4:
I personally think Ms.Gaspar does a good job. Sometimes some threads get way out of control and I'm sure its hard to keep up with them at the same time. Maybe that's why some of them go unchecked. I can think of one sooner flamer who gets banned and then after a month or so finds a way to get back on this board and she bands him again. Eventually, this sooner is gong to get the message and finally give up. And when that out and out aggie flamer oil money tried to start a thread openly taunting Scholz she locked it immediately.
Ehhh.. I am willing to admit that she has her good days but then she also has her wtf days.... I guess I just don't pay much attention to the good days b/c with all the trolls running through here it is hard to see them compared to the wtf days....

I have seen threads locked for no real reason, posts deleted for no real reason, but I have also seen her drop the hammer on posters too... but what can I say, I'm human and I get too caught up in stuff sometimes.. That's why I took a few days off from posting after my little rant in this thread. Now I'm back and feeling normal again. lol
For your information, I am not a mod of the board. I work for Orangebloods.com and have been put in charge of assigning multiple moderators for the free board. They do a great job.

In regards to you disagreeing with LonghornMM about the way deleting posts works, he is correct. If you respond to a post in a thread - whether you quote it or not, and the post your responded to gets deleted, yours will as well. That's the way it works and there is no going around that. The best way to respond to a thread is to click reply to the original post and not someone else's post in the thread.

Originally posted by TaylorTV:

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

Originally posted by californiahorn 4:
I personally think Ms.Gaspar does a good job. Sometimes some threads get way out of control and I'm sure its hard to keep up with them at the same time. Maybe that's why some of them go unchecked. I can think of one sooner flamer who gets banned and then after a month or so finds a way to get back on this board and she bands him again. Eventually, this sooner is gong to get the message and finally give up. And when that out and out aggie flamer oil money tried to start a thread openly taunting Scholz she locked it immediately.
Ehhh.. I am willing to admit that she has her good days but then she also has her wtf days.... I guess I just don't pay much attention to the good days b/c with all the trolls running through here it is hard to see them compared to the wtf days....

I have seen threads locked for no real reason, posts deleted for no real reason, but I have also seen her drop the hammer on posters too... but what can I say, I'm human and I get too caught up in stuff sometimes.. That's why I took a few days off from posting after my little rant in this thread. Now I'm back and feeling normal again. lol
For your information, I am not a mod of the board. I work for Orangebloods.com and have been put in charge of assigning multiple moderators for the free board. They do a great job.

In regards to you disagreeing with LonghornMM about the way deleting posts works, he is correct. If you respond to a post in a thread - whether you quote it or not, and the post your responded to gets deleted, yours will as well. That's the way it works and there is no going around that. The best way to respond to a thread is to click reply to the original post and not someone else's post in the thread.
FWIW - I have seen that LonghornMM was right about that... and btw - if you click on the OP and reply from there it makes it a pain in the butt to have to go copy and paste what the ACTUAL post you are replying to.. and adds a lot of extra steps that would deter a lot of people from posting. Pretty much everyone replies directly to the posts they are wanting to discuss/reply to.. and have done it like that since I started posting here in @2003-2004

And if the mods here did a great job we wouldn't be over run by aggie and sooner trolls along with the random tools that drop in from other schools. But then again, the MODS on this board don't exactly have a lot of authority to do much of anything in the way of solving that problem..... give the mods the ability to ban posters without having to email and message yall, and if the banned person has issues let THEM deal with the waiting emails and messages bring.

Jagged did a decent job, but outside of him the last decent MOD we had here was PNG1992... and he was able to keep things under wraps, but now it borders on the inmates running the asylum.

Taylor, please ban fizzwilly...gooners don't need to put that crap out in the Texas Fight thread.

Originally posted by markrace:
Taylor, please ban fizzwilly...gooners don't need to put that crap out in the Texas Fight thread.
Nah, harmless stuff...

Thank you! I pay a subscription and here because I am a UT fan, not a hater.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

This is coltrock12's sister Trish. Thank you! Some people can be bullies when they get on message boards. Bullying isn't right whether it comes from an Aggie fan, Sooner fan, or even a Longhorn fan to another Longhorn fan. I can't stand it when my sister and I offer an opinion and someone cusses us out for an opinion. It is a free country and we are all entitled to our opinions even if others don't agree. I will not tolerate being called cuss words. I will report a person who harasses and bullies me; even if it is another Longhorn fan. We need to remember that they are all college football players. They will make mistakes and will even sometimes lose games. It's nothing personal, but us fan's have the tendency to take it personally. They aren't in the NFL, earning a million dollar paychecks. Once they get to the NFL, then they expect to be constantly criticized by fans or the media. Even veteran quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning throw interception passes sometimes or they lose games that they probably should have won. They are human and no one is perfect.

Originally posted by Coltrocks12:
This is coltrock12's sister Trish. Thank you! Some people can be bullies when they get on message boards. Bullying isn't right whether it comes from an Aggie fan, Sooner fan, or even a Longhorn fan to another Longhorn fan. I can't stand it when my sister and I offer an opinion and someone cusses us out for an opinion. It is a free country and we are all entitled to our opinions even if others don't agree. I will not tolerate being called cuss words. I will report a person who harasses and bullies me; even if it is another Longhorn fan. We need to remember that they are all college football players. They will make mistakes and will even sometimes lose games. It's nothing personal, but us fan's have the tendency to take it personally. They aren't in the NFL, earning a million dollar paychecks. Once they get to the NFL, then they expect to be constantly criticized by fans or the media. Even veteran quarterbacks like Tom Brady and Peyton Manning throw interception passes sometimes or they lose games that they probably should have won. They are human and no one is perfect.

Speak for yourself!

Jesus, stop being a pansy.

Originally posted by Beef Supreme:
+1

I feel your pain, but banning Fizzledwilly makes us no better than the Nazis at that school on the Brazos not called Baylor.

Originally posted by 2th DK:

+1

I feel your pain, but banning Fizzledwilly makes us no better than the Nazis at that school on the Brazos not called Baylor.
Yep. Banning people has never stopped anything. It usually makes things worse. I guess the only thing it does is potentially mess up someone's post count, but I don't see why that would matter to anyone. Communities can self regulate without moderation. And the community has the ignore button if they don't want to read comments from certain people.

Originally posted by Tx sooner:

+1

Yep. Banning people has never stopped anything. It usually makes things worse. I guess the only thing it does is potentially mess up someone's post count, but I don't see why that would matter to anyone. Communities can self regulate without moderation. And the community has the ignore button if they don't want to read comments from certain people.
Besides, if you banned Tx sooner, he'd be homeless!

Originally posted by Tx sooner:

+1

Besides, if you banned Tx sooner, he'd be homeless!
laugh.r191677.gif
The last time he was banned for 3 days, he created another user name and came back for our scraps. Can't get rid of the mutt.

Banning people is a big waste of time that doesn't serve a purpose. Ignoring people you don't like actually works. Why ban people when they have VPN and access to numerous devices that can access this site? Just ignore who people that post things you don't want to read. It's simple.

This post was edited on 3/11 4:01 PM by SNR Pride

Originally posted by Coltrocks12:
Ok so I hadn't clicked on this thread in a while. And there are some laughers in it complaining about posters. But this post is the best.

check the parts.

So who is it, the sister Trish or the brother standing up for Trish and himself? Busted himself.

Originally posted by SNR Pride:
Banning people is a big waste of time that doesn't serve a purpose. Ignoring people you don't like actually works. Why ban people when they have VPN and access to numerous devices that can access this site? Just ignore who people that post things you don't want to read. It's simple.

We here ya txsooner.

Originally posted by blh111:

We here ya txsooner.

Are you sure it isn't Pearland?

Because once you're banned it isn't acceptable to re-register a new username and start posting again. There is a reason why some folks are banned and they will continue to be banned everytime they re-register a new username. Pearland Sooner, txsooner, SNR Pride, Stampede, Tahoeman, Oilmoney, ohsfan, etc are examples of trash talking trouble makers, who have been justifiably banned. Good work, mods. Keep up the good work!
happy0001.r191677.gif

Originally posted by LonghornMM:
Because once you're banned it isn't acceptable to re-register a new username and start posting again. There is a reason why some folks are banned and they will continue to be banned everytime they re-register a new username. Pearland Sooner, txsooner, SNR Pride, Stampede, Tahoeman, Oilmoney, ohsfan, etc are examples of trash talking trouble makers, who have been justifiably banned. Good work, mods. Keep up the good work!
happy0001.r191677.gif
I just like that you have to continue sending emails to complain. Chill out man....or keep complaining.

Originally posted by Tx Sooner 2:
I just like that you have to continue sending emails to complain. Chill out man....or keep complaining.
He says................

............as he himself complains.

Novel idea, you could stop giving him things to complain about. Now I am not a fan of banning, I prefer board justice in the form of replys. But seriously you might want to change your MO if it continues to get you banned again and again and again and again. Stop blaming others. Simply Learn or Grow or Evolve......or devolve.

Originally posted by jsto60:

He says................

............as he himself complains.

Novel idea, you could stop giving him things to complain about. Now I am not a fan of banning, I prefer board justice in the form of replys. But seriously you might want to change your MO if it continues to get you banned again and again and again and again. Stop blaming others. Simply Learn or Grow or Evolve......or devolve.
I'm not complaining. But I agree with your position on banning. There are ways that actually work to get rid of a poster that you don't want. I can't imagine ever caring enough about a poster that I have to contact mods.

1. Pony up the cash and post on the pay board.

2. Use the "ignore" feature that rivals added so that people would quit complaining to mods all the time

3. Probably the best way to rid yourself of a poster is to not respond or follow up to his posts. Any poster that doesn't get responses will eventually leave to find better conversation.

It's not like I've been banned for anything inflammatory. I take unpopular positions and make a case the hopefully fuels conversation. I guess the latest reason why I was banned was I said I thought Barnes should have finished 2nd in coach of the year. I even said Barnes did a good job this year. LonghornMM is responsible for this ban. He banned me the last time because I simply told him if he doesn't agree with my posts and gets worked up he could just put me on ignore.

I'm not complaining.
Yes. You are complaining.

It's not like I've been banned for anything inflammatory.
Not so sure about that. I do seem to remember you getting banned like right away when you posted here. I didn't see those posts initially. But I do remember your first reincarnation started an apology thread about them, and within a few posts were back to doing what you said you were wrongly accused of and roundly started acting a fool. Only to be quickly and summarily banned in your apology thread. Only to reincarnate again and again and again. So I would say you have in the past been inflammatory (many of us have), so don't act all Mother Teresa.

Most of all, my simple point was instead of blaming others for getting banned. Maybe, just maybe you could learn from it and stop doing what got you banned. Hint, it is more than just having different ideas. I think a key is the incessant need to dump in many a thread.

Just my two cents. Trying to give constructive help if you care at all to listen. If not, no biggy. I'll enjoy your new screen name and the one after that and the one after that.

What sucks most about these new rants by you, is that it buried the gold of trish and his sister from the last page by bumping a new page to this thread.

The only banning I apologized for was the 1st one and it was really something I said that didn't come out right. A user was going overboard with name calling and such and I said something like I bet you he wouldn't talk that way to people if he saw them face to face. It came off like internet tough guy, and I get that. But what I was making a commentary about message boards and how people post language that they wouldn't do if they were debating or arguing face to face. But at least I get the reason for the ban on this one.

I guess the other two bans were just for arguing too much. I'm not buying the anti-UT stuff. I call things as I see them and I raise questions about certain issues that some see as negative. But I'm also extremely positive about many things UT. I've actually taken a beating for being positive about UT that I guess the general population doesn't agree with.

I'm not worried about it. I don't care about post counts or popularity. I like talking sports. I like posting here because there's often good back and forth on things. It's simple as that.

This post was edited on 3/13 12:01 AM by Tx Sooner 2

txsooner, I haven't emailed anyone. You did this to yourself and your act is old. You still take no responsibility for how you act here and folks are tired of you taking a dump in every thread with your negativity towards UT. You don't get it.
rolleye0010.r191677.gif

I'm not buying the anti-UT stuff. I call things as I see them and I raise questions about certain issues that some see as negative.

This post was edited on 3/13 12:01 AM by Tx Sooner 2

You are a lie. You are the epitome of anti-Texas, we are not buying that garbage.

Now that txsooner2 has been banned, I see you have moved on to txsooner3...lame indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT